YES !!!!!!!!!!! 4th SACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
Your mom has a massive sack. Just joking, that must be the jealousy talking. Are you saying your 4th sack ever, or the 4th on this female? Or a quad clutch?!?! Either way, congratulations & I wish you luck :)

Pics?

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats, but I dont understand how it can be 13 days old if you just found it...
Well , I'm hoping its around that age? About 3 or four weeks ago she webbed up her whole top of her corkbark tube , today I was thinking she molted and was waiting for her to come out . I said screw it and went in myself.
The last time I bred her was in october I think . I thought she was too little but I was wrong . I breed her around the same time I bred my ornata I think I don't remember for sure ! That I do know.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well , I'm hoping its around that age? About 3 or four weeks ago she webbed up her whole top of her corkbark tube , today I was thinking she molted and was waiting for her to come out . I said screw it and went in myself.
The last time I bred her was in october I think . I thought she was too little but I was wrong . I breed her around the same time I bred my ornata I think I don't remember for sure ! That I do know.
Gotcha, it's just the way you worded it made it sound like you just stumbled upon the sac but you had known about it for 13 days. All cleared up now. Good luck. :)

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gotcha, it's just the way you worded it made it sound like you just stumbled upon the sac but you had known about it for 13 days. All cleared up now. Good luck. :)
I love it when im the only one who knows what im talking about . lol . I was multi-tasking when i started this thread . I really need to proof read before I post. It would make me look a little smarter.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Does anyone think I should pull the this week ? Or should I wait?

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Does anyone think I should pull the this week ? Or should I wait?
The earlier you pull a sack,the higher the chances of the eggs going bad. Unless you are super confident in your artificial incubation methods, I'd wait and pull it at 35 days.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the conditions are right, @ day 35 you should have 1st instars runnin around in the enclosure....with pokies i would pull at the 3 week mark...it seems they tend move along a little faster....

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the conditions are right, @ day 35 you should have 1st instars runnin around in the enclosure....with pokies i would pull at the 3 week mark...it seems they tend move along a little faster....
I typically pull my pokie eggsacs at 21 days or so. They're eggs with legs (not 1st instar) by that time so if it is good you'll need an incubator to put them in.

Last edited:

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I typically pull my pokie eggsacs at 21 days or so. They're 1st instars by that time so if it is good you'll need an incubator to put them in.
Not necessarily, Joey. I didn't have first instars after 40 days with my p. ornata, they were still at the eggs with legs stage. I'm pretty sure the rate at which they grow inside of the sac is dependent on what temps you are keeping them at.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Not necessarily, Joey. I didn't have first instars after 40 days with my p. ornata, they were still at the eggs with legs stage. I'm pretty sure the rate at which they grow inside of the sac is dependent on what temps you are keeping them at.
^--- for this reason, you want to take precaution and give it more time.

If you don't have the experience to raise them up artificially, you want the egg sack to stay with mom as long as possible. Its easier and safer for noobies to get 1st instars--> 2nd instar than it is post-embryos-->1 instar-->2instar. Less of a lost and headache.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oops. I meant eggs with legs. Thanks for catching that. That was a typo. I was typing while talking to another person. By 21 days the pokies are typically eggs with legs. Though results in other collections may vary as temperatures and such will vary from one keeper to the next. If you're worried. Leave it longer. If the conditions are right the moms can watch over the eggsacs just fine.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oops. I meant eggs with legs. I have not had 1st instars at 21 days. That was a typo. I was typing while talking to another person. Sorry about that. By 21 days I have eggs with legs. First instars typcally are around 30 days or so.
Lol, that makes more sense. I was seriously confused. I was like, "no way is he pumping em out that fast" lol

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I typically pull my pokie eggsacs at 21 days or so. They're eggs with legs (not 1st instar) by that time so if it is good you'll need an incubator to put them in.
Good call Jmug.....i was thinkin at 3weeks they would still be ewl's, but far enough along to do a safe pull

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well thanks alot guys ! I will wait , I trust those of you and have bought from several of you guys ! I think your wise so I'll learn to wait on this sack. I need some vials and alot of stuff I guess I need to start saving!