Yellow sac color change?

Kagmi

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

A few days ago I found a yellow sac spider (well, she found me, actually--she fell off the ceiling and landed in my drink). I'd never seen such a large or brightly colored specimen before so I kept her. I'm a bit curious now because she seems to have undergone a radical color change since I caught her. I've heard that yellow sacs come in a variety of colors, but this one individual seems to have changed from a bright, pale yellow to a dark greenish-brown in a matter of a few days. Is there anything known about what causes color variation among yellow sacs? Could it be that her new environment (my spider box) has somehow prompted this change?

P.S. I can supply pictures as soon as I get my camera back. :D

Kagmi

Arachnopeon
Here's hoping! I'm beginning to think I must've found her immediately after a molt, which would explain why she was so pale then and she seems to be growing rather quickly now...

Kagmi

Arachnopeon
As of today my sac spider has spun a proper little nest for the first time. I'm wondering if she's preparing for something--she has been eating but not quite as hungrily, and she spent most of today sitting in her little next and not moving. I at first thought she might be preparing to molt or drop a sac, since she hasn't woven a nest like this prior to this morning, but there isn't any obvious change yet.

Also, I'm wondering--is it possible to overfeed a spider? This one is quite big for her species (~1.5cm). She's been eating a small insect every day, usually a mosquito. I keep feeding her every day because she keeps eating what I give her, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is normal or healthy for her (compared to the behavior of my previous spiders).