Yellow Millipede Found In Southern California Photo

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I turned up this little beauty today. Does anyone know what it is? Is it just a freshly molted millipede? I have never found one like it. It was found in San Diego County, California.

Yellow Millipede

Yellow Millipede With Size Perspective

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
there should only be like 4 sp. that get that big. i have a list of them in the wastelands thread... all are supposed to be brown or black so you just might be looking at a hypopigmented specimen. i rather hope you caught it. it would be nice to try to breed it and then inbreed any/all hypos produced to make a full hypo strain.

i *think* i got a hypopigmented S. polymorpha about a month ago i have plans to try to reinforce like that :D

edit
prack. i guess those names are on a file at my home computer, not the wastelands thread. stupid lazy me. shouldn't be *too* hard to figure out what it is, though, if you got it to do diagnostic pics from

Last edited:

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the info cacoseraph. I was surprised to see it. It really is a pretty millipede. I have never found another like it around here. I'll keep my eyes open for more. Everything is really drying up over here. I don't think the millipede season will last much longer if we don't have another rain.

Later,
G

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
you can try climbing elevation or finding like, verdant valleys in foothills/mtns to find places that stay wet longer.

the valleys by the mtns i live by stay green way way longer than any place else cuz they channel the snow melts, i think