Ybyrapora diversipes vs Caribena versicolor

O.k. i know this is an old thread,but i will add my 2p or maybe2 cents worth, firstly through bitter misinformational gained experience,in no way should either Avicularia,nor for that matter Poecilotheria ,EVER be kept with permanently saturated substrate,unless you enjoy inflicting death upon your tarantulas.i personally keep both species on dry eco-earth , and vented enclosures, with a light to moderate weekly spray fom a plant mister,a light misting in the webbing is fine ,and allow droplets to form in side of container, with Avicularia its fascinating to watch as they walk along the sides hoovering up the droplets.:happy:.

Mavic Rim

Arachnopeon
I am searching for the Ybyrapora diversipes and end up into this long thread. What happened tooth's experiment?

This thread is interesting!

I would like to share some new thoughts from my local seller as well which is also something very unconventional to my knowledge and learning from the old timers here. So here it is...They use a sponge for any Arboreal and Fossorial slings on a relatively small container/encolure.

According to them, moisting a sponge but not dripping wet creates just enough humidity and very controllable based on how much and how often you regularly drip water into it. The main reason they do that is to avoid the messy substrates specially to the fossorial species(I am doubtful about this though). should be ok I guess for the heavy webbers. Arboreal tend to web up the enclosure anyway so no problem there I think. Another benefit is it's easier for the T's to find the prey/food we give them.

what's your take on this?

Attachments

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel

I would like to share some new thoughts from my local seller as well which is also something very unconventional to my knowledge and learning from the old timers here. So here it is...They use a sponge for any Arboreal and Fossorial slings on a relatively small container/encolure.

According to them, moisting a sponge but not dripping wet creates just enough humidity and very controllable based on how much and how often you regularly drip water into it. The main reason they do that is to avoid the messy substrates specially to the fossorial species(I am doubtful about this though). should be ok I guess for the heavy webbers. Arboreal tend to web up the enclosure anyway so no problem there I think. Another benefit is it's easier for the T's to find the prey/food we give them.

My thoughts are there torturing that haploclastus devamatha in that enclosure.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I am searching for the Ybyrapora diversipes and end up into this long thread. What happened tooth's experiment?

Sphagnum moss can do the same thing.