Ybyrapora diversipes adult age ?

CutterSnake

Arachnopeon
So i was wandering at witch size and age the diversipes is adult. I do read different things on different sites ... (ofc the age depends on how much they will get food but i will keep that to a lower number of feedings at all to make shure the T will grow healthy)

From 3.5cm to 6cm is everything there as adult size. And from 2-4 Years. So i rldy dont know what it is and so i am asking you guys.

Best regards,

Mike

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Age would not be relevant, tarantulas can grow at varying rates depending on how they are kept, its the size that matters.

I believe adults of this species max out around 4-5''.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
4-5" LS not BL right ? :)

and first of all thank you for that fast answer !
Yes, with tarantulas we deal with the diagonal leg span for the most part, best accurate reference point. I know body length is popular in Europe, but this varies greatly depending on where the T is in its molt cycle.

cold blood

Staff member
Yes, leg span

Technically a male would be an adult when mature (after its final molt, when it has its emboli), which is often smaller than max size of a female (but not always).

A female is an adult when its mature (able to breed)....this can be identified by looking at a molt....a mature female will have darkened spermatheca. This can occur as small as 50% to 70% of the species max size.

CutterSnake

Arachnopeon
Yep here in germany we talk about BL most of the time but good to know that you do talk about LS :)

And again thank you for these answers.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Around a 4-5 inch leg span, how long they take to reach adulthood varies due to a myriad of factors.

boina

Lady of the mites
Around a 4-5 inch leg span
Even smaller. I've two females and the first was adult at 3.5" (sclerotized spernathecae) and the second, younger one is likely going to mature with the next molt (her brother is already a MM) and she's only 3" now. The younger siblings hatched end of 2016, so they are 2 years old now.

These are small spiders. 5" leg span would be the absolute maximum and most adults are somewhere around 4". That would be about 4cm BL. There has never been an Y. diversipes with 6 cm BL - that's ridiculous.

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
Hi there, 2018. was a good year😂 I want to know is it normal that my 1 year(+-1 month)old diversipes is already 3¾" (today sexed female). And if I can post picture of last molt spermatheca and you to tell me if you think that she is mature? She has been a great eater and molting like crazy in my care, also she escaped and I found her 4 days after crawling on the wall!