Species Ybyrapora diversipes (a.k.a. Avicularia diversipes)

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
So beautiful ! I love diversipes and the color changes they go thru just a really cool little T

Kinkyskink

Arachnopeon
The colors on it really are incredible. A. Purpurea has always been my favorite t in the Avicularia genus but this little one may change my mind really quickly. I really hope it's a female! I would love some more of these guys!

eldondominicano

Arachnobaron
Just wanted to show off this little gem who molted for me over the weekend.
The question I have is why they grow out of such beautiful coloration? Not that they're not pretty as adults, but as for E. Cyanognathus and Uatuman as well as diversepes these babies are wild in color when they're younger!!

Kinkyskink

Arachnopeon
I know. Depending on the environment it could help them or hurt them. If they retained the bright and crazy colors as adults it could be a warning like a how some pokies exhibit the bright yellow on their legs or it could make them easier to find and therefore a bigger prey item. Evolution has dont crazy things... Who knows why they ended up this way. The certainly are stunning to look at while they have their baby colors though... :biggrin: :love:

Mizzerat

Arachnopeon
Just got this little fella today in the mail, its maybe 1/2". Set up this 6" square enclosure for it. I'm kind of worried that it may try to set up shop up by the lid and then how will I open it? In any case, I'm really excited to watch it grow and develop!
20160223_191836.jpg 20160223_191853.jpg 20160223_193411.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Smaller than perhaps the picture suggests. 2.5-3 inches leg span.
That's good size. I know these are super colorful slings, so just trying to get an idea if & when those colors tone down a bit. This is at the top of my wish list, hoping to have one before the end of June!

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
That's good size. I know these are super colorful slings, so just trying to get an idea if & when those colors tone down a bit. This is at the top of my wish list, hoping to have one before the end of June!
Mine is starting to change colours, and the lighting is lousy so the photo doesn't show it at best. The legs are still a lovely teal colour, but now getting reds and purples and browns coming out as well. Very reclusive - quite rare to catch it out like this.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
IMO only seladonia is as colorful, but as adults they aren’t nearly as colorful as you know from above.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
as adults they aren’t nearly as colorful
They are pretty colorful still as adults, tho. Like all tarantulas I've ever kept, their colors depends on age (instar #) & where they are in their molt cycle. Lighting plays a huge part in their vibrancy in pics as well... 🧐

Freshly molted AF under softer more natural lighting (diffused flash)...
received_1481294772041099.jpeg

^Same momma, same photo session but under heavy flash (w/out diffuser)...
IMG_20211205_010330_487.jpg