Yay! Two successful rehousings

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I just rehoused my C. Cyaneopubescens and OBT into their brand new homes.

The GBB went pretty easy, the OBT on the other hand tried its darndest to make it difficult. Luckily I was prepared for this so nothing went wrong. I put it in an oversized enclosure so I don't have to rehouse it for a long time. I really appreciate how fast they can be.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Nice man glad things went smooth for you! Nice looking enclosures also!

What the hell is that black thing resting against the jawbone in the GBB enclosure. I'm sure it's something obvious but in conjunction with my fading eyesight I'm increasingly dim witted.. :shifty:

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Nice man glad things went smooth for you!

What the hell is that black thing resting against the jawbone in the GBB enclosure. I'm sure it's something obvious but in conjunction with my fading eyesight I'm completely dim witted.. :shifty:
Its a throwing knife. Its extremely dull and i put hot gluearound the tip. I think I'm gunna take it out I don't think I like the look.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Its a throwing knife. Its extremely dull and i put hot gluearound the tip. I think I'm gunna take it out I don't think I like the look.
Ya'know thats what I thought it was but I didn't want to sound crazy asking if that was a throwing knife.. I would take it out personally..

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Ya'know thats what I thought it was but I didn't want to sound crazy asking if that was a throwing knife.. I would take it out personally..
It was a cool sounding thing at the time i guess. I was thinkingit would be a vool looking web anchor point. The more I look at it the more I don't want it in there for various reasons... Ill let my little guy settle in for a day or so before I do. Right now he is having a good time exploring his new environment. Hes been on all the plants and walls.

The OBT (I named it Dale) started webbing almost instantly so I took that as a good sign.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I was treating my OBT like it was a time bomb (which I guess it is lol). I had both enclosures inside a big plastic tub that was in my bath tub. Also the catch cup really saved the day. I think I would have had an escape if I didn't have that.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I just removed the throwing knife. The enclosure looks a lot more natural also the rick of injury from the knife is eliminated. I am much more happy with the enclosure like this.

Timc

Arachnosquire
I was treating my OBT like it was a time bomb (which I guess it is lol). I had both enclosures inside a big plastic tub that was in my bath tub. Also the catch cup really saved the day. I think I would have had an escape if I didn't have that.
Yup those little orange punks can be quite a handful. I'm glad everything went smooth but did you get a little tiny threat posture? They're so cute at that size.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Yup those little orange punks can be quite a handful. I'm glad everything went smooth but did you get a little tiny threat posture? They're so cute at that size.
I didnt get any threat posture at all, only its best impression of Flash. I knew they were quick but holy cow!! I can only imagine what it will be like when its bigger.