Yay or Nay

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Yes, it will work.
Mine are from Robc, on Youtube, (tarantulaguy1976). I ended up requiring 2, underestimated the sac size on A. geniculata. Lol!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Never seen it done with coffeefilters before, but that doesn't mean much.
@louise f has a great incubator tutorial on making one:

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
On the bright side, There is still one more sac that needs to be pulled today so i guess it's not a total loss...right?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In point of fact I haven't bred any of my females, just send off my males :D. Now if my E sp Red juvi turns out to be male, I will breed to my AF female Red ;) But I have a strong feeling it's a female. But CB has done A. avic.

What exactly happened after the male left. Or perhaps after the sac was formed.

If I recall correctly if a sac has some duds in it that remain in the sac they may cause other eggs to go bad, and it spreads from there. The same thing happens in other animals, of that I have observed in person.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
In point of fact I haven't bred any of my females, just send off my males :D. Now if my E sp Red juvi turns out to be male, I will breed to my AF female Red ;) But I have a strong feeling it's a female. But CB has done A. avic.

What exactly happened after the male left. Or perhaps after the sac was formed.

If I recall correctly if a sac has some duds in it that remain in the sac they may cause other eggs to go bad, and it spreads from there. The same thing happens in other animals, of that I have observed in person.
After the male was removed, I let the female be and tried to feed her as much as she would eat. I don't remember exactly the amount. I was gone for five days after pairing them up and left my mom in charge of feeding. I didn't do anything different with humidity, I didn't think you were supposed to. After I noticed the eggsac I just left her alone until today. Total time I waited to pull was 33 days.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
After the male was removed, I let the female be and tried to feed her as much as she would eat. I don't remember exactly the amount. I was gone for five days after pairing them up and left my mom in charge of feeding. I didn't do anything different with humidity, I didn't think you were supposed to. After I noticed the eggsac I just left her alone until today. Total time I waited to pull was 33 days.
Have to ask--- Did your Mom do anything?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Now if my E sp Red juvi turns out to be male, I will breed to my AF female Red ;) But I have a strong feeling it's a female.
Remind me come springtime I have 2 confirmed male juvenile E. sp Red and one suspect male ;)