YAY! My Giant Vinegaroon arrived! :-D

atlantiselliott

Arachnopeon
Hello my Giant Vinegaroon has arrived from Bugsincyberspace.com!

My Giant Vinegaroon is 41/2 inches. They sell tons of Arachnids!

Last edited by a moderator:

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice advertisement? I'm kinda confused.
Congrats on the vinegaroon, anyway.

Risky

Arachnosquire
Nice advertisement? I'm kinda confused.
Congrats on the vinegaroon, anyway.
I think they're buddies since they're both from Oregon. Doesn't bother me though. I was actually looking for some orchid mantis on his site earlier today.

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think they're buddies since they're both from Oregon. Doesn't bother me though. I was actually looking for some orchid mantis on his site earlier today.
Peter's a great guy, I just found it strange that this whole post was basically an advertisement :p

atlantiselliott

Arachnopeon
Thanks! Do you have any Vinegaroons?

---------- Post added 09-09-2012 at 09:28 PM ----------

Really? Did you get anything?

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
4.5" body size?
That is HUGE!

Picture please!
I have 4 ATM, three 1/2" body size and a 1" body size

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
also, 4.5" BL would be like, the hugest goon ever. i think you might be measuring a little different than most ppl expect

here is one of my largest females and she is right around 2.5"BL. i'll have to look up if she is mature and if they can keep growing/molting after maturity. i think maybe i saw one that is 3.5"BL at ken's shop and it is by far the largest i have ever seen, out of maybe 600 total i have seen in my life. the large marks are 1" apart

edit:
rats, i put some jargon in there and didn't define it. my bad. BL = body length and is usually what we use for anything that is not a tarantula. it excludes, legs, feelers, claws, etc... it is just measuring the axis starting at the head end and going to the end of the body. there is also LS (legspan, measure including the legs, from the front foot to the last foot, typically on the same side of the body) and DLS (diagonal legspan, measuring from the foot of the first leg to the foot of the last leg on the other side of the body). the two LS measurements are used fairly commonly for tarantulas in the hobby. you can really use any measurement you want, as long as you say which it is :)

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, atlantiselliot, but Peter already maintains an ad here. I'm sure he would appreciate a review;)

atlantiselliott

Arachnopeon
Well I don't know how to upload the pictures. Just so you know I'm not lying, he is really 4 1/2 in length

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmmm, better get those pics soon. Ive only owned a few of these, but never seen any that big.

atlantiselliott

Arachnopeon
WOW! I thought it was completely normal. Well mine is doing a good job & is well fed. Its a male too.