YAY!! I now have a total of 14 Ts!

seezilla

Arachnopeon
So I finally got my PZB slings. OMG they are sooo tiny. :D I got two E. campestratus slings, two more G. pulchripes slings (giving one to my hubby and one to my 8yo because she said she wanted a tarantula... so in essence that means its mine anyway since I'll be doing most of the care lol) and 4 B. albopilosum slings. :eek: I hope I can care for these guys because they are all itsy bitsy. I've got some flightless fruit flies and will be giving them small pre-killed cricket parts as well.

:worship: I totally <3 captiveinverts.com

I'll update with pictures later. Time for work. Meh. :p

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Nice seezilla, soon it will be 18 then 20 then 26 then 40. Before you know it you will be breeding feeders and hiring staff to feed all your T's :D

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Nice!!! I gotta stop at 13 :( friends think I'm some crazy wierd freak now... Maybe I will have to get rid of them. NAHHH, now that would make me a crazy person!!! :D

seezilla

Arachnopeon
My camera sucks too much to take any decent shots of these almost microscopic slings. :p I'll try again another day when I have more patience.

lol Shaka I hope not. I only want a few more Ts. I think 20 is a nice even number. I've got to stop buying Ts right now anyway to save all my extra money for the holidays. (of course, only wanting 20 Ts could change down the road... :D I'm always changing my mind about things {D)

2oCHEVYo0 People at work call me the Spider Queen. I think that's awesome. I'm also known as Satan on occasion. (Because I actually made people do their jobs. omg :wall: ) That's ok though. I just laugh at people. I kind of like being known as the crazy freak. ;)

Raine

Arachnopeon
I've got a list and it's not too big so I'm happy.

G. rosea
G. rosea (red)
G. pulchripes
G. pulchra
B. Auratum
Green Bottle Blue
L. parahybana
A. ezendami

I'm hoping to stay at 12 or under. I know there's one or two more I want. But I'm staying away from pokies or anything with stronger venom or that is highly aggressive like the 'orange bitey thing'. I really DO love P. metallica though... :D

seezilla

Arachnopeon
Raine, I don't really want any pokies either. Although I know someday I'm going to want an OBT just because they are so pretty, but that will not be anytime soon. Your list looks a lot like mine. Some of the Ts I have on my list aren't going to be acquired until I know I have the experience as a keeper to maintain and properly care for some of the more "advanced" Ts (t. blondi comes to mind as far as being a bit more difficult to take care of properly just because they are huge eaters and require more humidity and oxygen than most other Ts). I want a P. metallica as well, but I can wait on that one. I want to see how well I can take care of these itsy bitsy spiders first. {D

Raine

Arachnopeon
P. metallica is, to me, one of the top most gorgeous Ts. I constantly drool over pictures of it and yet I know I'm not ready for one. It would be a non-handling T but doesn't mean accidents can't happen. No pokies for me yet!

I recommend the GBB for striking color and better temperament. Well, it was recommended to me several times. So I'm recommending it to you! :D I'm hoping to find one at the expo.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so you got the big package, i want it so badly, but i just have to wait and hope they still have it. are they quite small?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pokies really aren't that bad :) Slings are fairly hardy and don't really have special requirements. As babies they also tend to burrow. Though sometimes you hear about an especially aggressive adult, most will hide at the slightest touch.

The important part is knowing you can stay cool and calm. Freaking out and being over relaxed are when things happen. And not just with pokies, applies to many other species :)

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Congrats.
I just jumped from 13 to 29 myself. I recently traded for 16 tiny A. brockelhursti (brocklehursti) not sure which spelling is correct.
I will have to do the fruit fly thing as well. Not to just find some.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
P. metallica is, to me, one of the top most gorgeous Ts. I constantly drool over pictures of it and yet I know I'm not ready for one. It would be a non-handling T but doesn't mean accidents can't happen. No pokies for me yet!

I recommend the GBB for striking color and better temperament. Well, it was recommended to me several times. So I'm recommending it to you! :D I'm hoping to find one at the expo.

Yeah Hubby wants a GBB. Tho it will be considered "his" it will be a part of our collection as a whole. A GBB is the next T we will probably purchase because I promised him as soon as I got my PZBs he could get something he really wanted. So GBB it is.

Niki we have a pokie. It's the only T in our collection that makes me a bit nervous. :D So even though I want a p. metallica, I'd rather wait until my comfort level increases with our pokie.

Midknight, I did get the bigger package from captive inverts. :D You'll have to talk to Ben or Brandon about its availability. Even if it's no longer available, I'm sure they will have something else for you. My PZBs are the smallest of the Ts I just purchased. They are 2nd instars and extremely tiny. My camera sucks, I'll try to get pics of them at some point, but the G. pulchripes I bought from Ben at the expo is more than twice the size of the other two I got.

Scoolman I got the fruit flies from Petco. It cost me about $10. What I did yesterday was took a q-tip and wet it down and used that to get the flies into each of the enclosures for the slings. IDK if anyone else does it differently. I plan on also feeding pre-killed and halved crickets too. But I also have a colony of pin heads. That was completely an accident. I noticed a bunch of eggs and weird things running around in my avic's enclosure so I changed the substrate out thinking maybe I'd gotten mites. Turns out one of the crickets had laid eggs. So I have those to feed my itsy bitsy spiders as well. (I just don't know how to get the crickets out of the colony and into my Ts' enclosures... any helpful hints would be appreciated :D)

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Scoolman I got the fruit flies from Petco. It cost me about $10. What I did yesterday was took a q-tip and wet it down and used that to get the flies into each of the enclosures for the slings. IDK if anyone else does it differently. I plan on also feeding pre-killed and halved crickets too. But I also have a colony of pin heads. That was completely an accident. I noticed a bunch of eggs and weird things running around in my avic's enclosure so I changed the substrate out thinking maybe I'd gotten mites. Turns out one of the crickets had laid eggs. So I have those to feed my itsy bitsy spiders as well. (I just don't know how to get the crickets out of the colony and into my Ts' enclosures... any helpful hints would be appreciated :D)
The flies at our PetCo are always dead. I am going to see if the LPS can order them for me. I like your cotton swab idea, i will have to try it.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
That's awesome! Good luck with the slings. They should be pretty hardy for you.
Thanks! I am still nervous about the smallness of the PZBs, but they are eating. I was told I would be fine as long as I keep them semi humid and can feed them. I can meet those requirements, so hopefully my new ones will be good.

The flies at our PetCo are always dead. I am going to see if the LPS can order them for me. I like your cotton swab idea, i will have to try it.
I just buy a fruit fly colony. They continuously produce more fruit flies without any work from me. :D I have enough to take care of now anyway LOL! Hopefully you can find some too.

So I had some patience to get a few pics of the new slings. This is one of the PZBs. Very tiny. I didn't use a size reference, sorry.

this one you can tell a bit better how small this one is.

this is one of the g. pulchripes I got. I gave this one to hubby. It's always got it's butt in the air. LOL

comparatively, this is a picture I've posted before of Snoogi Oogems aka Sephiroth the Great. :D Even though this sling is dinky too, it looks ferociously huge whenever I look at my other two g. pulchripes slings.