Yahoo article on spider bites

Kazaam

Arachnobaron
I'd be happy about that but the comments ruined it for me.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I loved the article but as always I read the comments-stupid me! I didn't see but maybe 1 nice comment about spiders, the rest were to say the least, not very nice. People are so ignorant.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Recluse bite fact

Yup. Good article. Let's just make this quote from Vetter a little visible for future search reference.

"In South Carolina, 940 physicians responding to a survey reported a total of 478 brown recluse spider bites in the state — but only one brown recluse bite has ever been definitively confirmed in the state."

And no, I wasn't dumb enough to read the comments. You guys should have known better! SHEESH and TSK TSK!!!

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Part of me wonders if so many people really have such a fear of spiders, or if many of them only go along with the rest of the crowd because being scared of them or revolted by them is what is supposed to be the "norm." We all know that most people are wont to buy into the sheep mentality anyway.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Part of me wonders if so many people really have such a fear of spiders, or if many of them only go along with the rest of the crowd because being scared of them or revolted by them is what is supposed to be the "norm." We all know that most people are wont to buy into the sheep mentality anyway.
A quote for you: "It takes only a fraction of a second for a person during their formative years to permanently record the reaction of their life and health provider to what they deem a hazard. The hippocampus takes absolute and overwhelming control as it records the incident in the pre frontal cortex.' IE See a parent go spider freak, that response is yours for life.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A quote for you: "It takes only a fraction of a second for a person during their formative years to permanently record the reaction of their life and health provider to what they deem a hazard. The hippocampus takes absolute and overwhelming control as it records the incident in the pre frontal cortex.' IE See a parent go spider freak, that response is yours for life.
That's an interesting quote and insight.