Yaaaaaayyyy!

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So tiny! I would be afraid to handle them just Incase they ran off my hand or jumped! o_O I'm even afraid to even open the lid of my enclosure incase my baby decides just to run out >.> though it likes to be buried an inch under substrate. I think babies scream more hands off to me then adults do (which they are hands off but babies seem almost taboo to me).
Yeah, I don't handle any T. That pic was during unpacking. Ran onto my hand, so I took a pic. Very tricky to get that sling into its home.

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I don't handle any T. That pic was during unpacking. Ran onto my hand, so I took a pic. Very tricky to get that sling into its home.
I bet! It was a little bit of a chore to get mine in its new home too. Little brats Haha :D

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
man, those pics make me so jealous.. gutted my sling died.. :(

congrats Leila, good luck.

cold blood

Staff member
@Leila your chromatus looks bigger than mine. Prepare yourself for the longest growth rate though lol. Mine has only molted once and stays in its little burrow.
Whaaa? Chromatus is literally right there with cambridgei as the fastest growing slings I have ever raised....and I have raised a lot of them. In all of them I had 2 runts that refused to grow...still molted with their siblings, just took longer to get to 3"...both runts are males. My experience with chromatus is molts every 24-30 days up till about 1.25-1.5", then growth slows to molts every 35-60 days till about 2.5", and 90-100 days till nearly 4" where females then slow way down to molting every 5-6 months.....that's going off records of several now adults.

Sumpthin' is up with yours....like someone gave you a mis-labeled rosea or little Brachy instead.

Mine came as a freebie from a black friday sale last year. It was 1/4 inch..... I think it may have hit the 1/2"
That almost seems impossible, I achieve more growth than that in under 60 days with mine.

Are you by chance keeping it in a larger enclosure?

Leila

Arachnobaron
man, those pics make me so jealous.. gutted my sling died.. :(

congrats Leila, good luck.
That breaks my heart that your sling passed away. I know I will be shattered when I experience the deaths of any of my current pets.

And thank you for your kindness and well-wishes, friend. :shy:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That breaks my heart that your sling passed away. I know I will be shattered when I experience the deaths of any of my current pets.

And thank you for your kindness and well-wishes, friend. :shy:
thank you.. always be careful with humidity. :embarrassed:

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Sumpthin' is up with yours....like someone gave you a mis-labeled rosea or little Brachy instead.

That almost seems impossible, I achieve more growth than that in under 60 days with mine.

Are you by chance keeping it in a larger enclosure?
Nope I got it from Paul Becker and it's kept in one of those small condiment cups. I'll post pix when I get home from work today.

cold blood

Staff member
Nope I got it from Paul Becker and it's kept in one of those small condiment cups. I'll post pix when I get home from work today.
Are you saying no because Paul couldn't have made a mistake? Customs agents would disagree with that assessment.:p

basin79

ArachnoGod
Whilst I'm drunk(ish) and shameless take a look in the true spiders threads. My pic got some attention of just one of my true spiders and there are some absolutely astounding threads/posts in that section.

patriotgator

Arachnopeon
I wish someone would give me free Ts. All the people I know would've probably just killed them.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Are you saying no because Paul couldn't have made a mistake? Customs agents would disagree with that assessment.:p
So I just got home and checked in the T room. I was mistaken about the size. It's at roughly an inch in size. I may have missed a molt or my gf didn't mention it molted. I didn't see any signs of one in it's container, so my apologies on the misinformation.

cold blood

Staff member
So I just got home and checked in the T room. I was mistaken about the size. It's at roughly an inch in size. I may have missed a molt or my gf didn't mention it molted. I didn't see any signs of one in it's container, so my apologies on the misinformation.
That's still half the size I would expect a chromatus to be in that time....but there are always a few that are just on a completely different schedule.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
That's still half the size I would expect a chromatus to be in that time....but there are always a few that are just on a completely different schedule.
Time will tell for sure if this is, indeed a chromatus a truckin at his own pace or something other entirely lol.