Yaaaaaayyyy!

basin79

ArachnoGod
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SHE LOOKS PISSED AHAHAHAHA XDDDD
No. I wasn't even in the same room as her. I was downstairs using an app to take the picture via my iPad. It was the only way I could capture her.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just keep the sub moist and feed prekilled.
I currently have the smallest sling I've ever cared for. C. elegans.

IMG_5388.JPG
He/she was making me nervous because (s)he wasn't eating prekilled crickets. Turns out (S)he prefers superworm chunks.

Leila

Arachnobaron

View attachment 236286
He/she was making me nervous because (s)he wasn't eating prekilled crickets. Turns out (S)he prefers superworm chunks.
I made sure to moisten the sub when I housed both slings; but can you give me more details about day to day maintenance as far as adding moisture? :) I have a decent grasp of husbandry, but any and all tips will be very appreciated from you all. :angelic:

Btw, that sling is a cutie pie

Last edited:

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just add some water when it's starting to look a bit dry. The pill vials I have my slings in have tiny vent holes, so I think I'm doing it maybe once per 5 or 7 days.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
No. I wasn't even in the same room as her. I was downstairs using an app to take the picture via my iPad. It was the only way I could capture her.
No, I mean, the look on her face... It's the stare of death XD

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Sorry for the crappy pic, but I only have my phone camera. This is the N. chromatus. I tried to get a photo of the B. albo, but it burrowed immediately.
Way cute! Reminds me of my B. Vegans it burrowed and plugged up its burrow with substrate to molt has yet to remove substrate plug (been a week) but aren't they so darn cute? Love to watch mine dig. Glad mine isn't that teeny but still rather teeny which is why I got me an A. Chalcodes (from Ken will be here tues I think.) to keep me occupied while I wait for my baby to grow up. ^·^

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon

View attachment 236286
So tiny! I would be afraid to handle them just Incase they ran off my hand or jumped! o_O I'm even afraid to even open the lid of my enclosure incase my baby decides just to run out >.> though it likes to be buried an inch under substrate. I think babies scream more hands off to me then adults do (which they are hands off but babies seem almost taboo to me).

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
@Leila your chromatus looks bigger than mine. Prepare yourself for the longest growth rate though lol. Mine has only molted once and stays in its little burrow.

Leila

Arachnobaron
@Leila your chromatus looks bigger than mine. Prepare yourself for the longest growth rate though lol. Mine has only molted once and stays in its little burrow.
How long have you had yours? My lil guy was out last night, but he is in his burrow now. He munched on a cricket leg last night and then went right into hiding. Lol. That little stinker. :)

The B. albo sling is out and about today. It has been going at its cric leg all afternoon.

I didn't know I could be so in love with such small beings. Haha

Leila

Arachnobaron
So tiny! I would be afraid to handle them just Incase they ran off my hand or jumped! o_O I'm even afraid to even open the lid of my enclosure incase my baby decides just to run out >.> though it likes to be buried an inch under substrate. I think babies scream more hands off to me then adults do (which they are hands off but babies seem almost taboo to me).
Yeah, I am way too scared I would lose the slings if they decided to jet. Lol. They are so small that I fear I'd never find them in the room where I keep my Ts.

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I am way too scared I would lose the slings if the decided to jet. Lol. They are so small that I fear I'd never find them in the room where I keep my Ts.
I so have to agree. Little Ditto hangs out in its burrow and the burrow entrance has been filled up for a week now but Im glad Im not disturbing it to much but Im sure everytime I pop the lid open to drop food or refill the water dish I swear dittos going "find a happy place, find a happy place!"

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
How long have you had yours? My lil guy was out last night, but he is in his burrow now. He munched on a cricket leg last night and then went right into hiding. Lol. That little stinker. :)

The B. albo sling is out and about today. It has been going at its cric leg all afternoon.

I didn't know I could be so in love with such small beings. Haha
Mine came as a freebie from a black friday sale last year. It was 1/4 inch..... I think it may have hit the 1/2"