Yaaaaaayyyy!

Leila

Arachnobaron
Today was a great day!

An acquaintance of mine called me and said her friend/relative(?) was given 2 tarantula slings by a family member; and that that person did not know how to care for such tiny spiders, because the person who was gifted the slings has only ever owned one adult T. The acquaintance knows I own a few Ts. So...

Aquaintance says something like: "Leila, do you know what to do? This girl will give them away. If you don't want th-"

Me: :stop: "I absolutely want them."

So I now have teeeeeeeensy (2nd instar???) Brachypelma albopilosum and Nhandu chromatus slings. (And another shout out to @cold blood for giving me info and helping me with the proper set-up) :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
You guys: I am in love with the N. chromatus already. It is preening itself by its pre-made burrow. :embarrassed::embarrassed:

Leila

Arachnobaron
New acquisitions are always fun, but for free?

Yeah, but I have been super broke lately and dyyyyiiiing for atleast one new T, especially after that whole disappointment with Zoe's egg sac. So this was...a NICE gift. Yeeeeeeee!!!!

basin79

ArachnoGod
You really are 1 lucky bar steward. The only free things i ever get are dog eggs laid outside my front door.

Leila

Arachnobaron
You really are 1 lucky bar steward. The only free things i ever get are dog eggs laid outside my front door.
Yeah, but if you knew my story, you would possibly say: you are one lass who finally caught a break. Lol. :cat::cat::kiss::kiss:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Yeah, but I have been super broke lately and dyyyyiiiing for atleast one new T, especially after that whole disappointment with Zoe's egg sac. So this was...a NICE gift. Yeeeeeeee!!!!
Give it to us straight: Did you know what species they were before you said yes?

Leila

Arachnobaron
Give it to us straight: Did you know what species they were before you said yes?
Nope. I heard "do you want?" and "free," and I said YES. I would have paid for them too though. But you guys, these things are TINY. I have never cared for Ts this small. I would be lying if I did not say I am worried a teensy bit, ya know?

Leila

Arachnobaron
Sorry for the crappy pic, but I only have my phone camera. This is the N. chromatus. I tried to get a photo of the B. albo, but it burrowed immediately.

Attachments

basin79

ArachnoGod
Nope. I heard "do you want?" and "free," and I said YES. I would have paid for them too though. But you guys, these things are TINY. I have never cared for Ts this small. I would be lying if I did not say I am worried a teensy bit, ya know?
I can completely understand you being worried. When my 2 Gandanameno sp slings turned up I was a tadicum worried as they where the smallest spider I'd ever cared for.

You'll be right as a clock. You know what you're doing.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I can completely understand you being worried. When my 2 Gandanameno sp slings turned up I was a tadicum worried as they where the smallest spider I'd ever cared for.

You'll be right as a clock. You know what you're doing.
Oh my godddddd, those babies are so darn cute!!!!!! :embarrassed:

Last edited:

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Wow that is a tiny T. I thought my N chromatas was tiny.
you will do great with them.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Just remember that N. chromatus (and any Nhandu, really) turn into little bitey things very quickly... but that's why they're adorable :D

Leila

Arachnobaron
Just remember that N. chromatus (and any Nhandu, really) turn into little bitey things very quickly... but that's why they're adorable :D
I am totally okay with that :) I can't wait to be given a little bit of attitude via one of my Ts :angelic: