Y. diversipes Breeding

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
I found out my 3" diversipes is a male, so i am wanting to buy a female and breed them when he matures eventually.
How big should a female be in order to breed?
I have read that their slings can be particularity hard to keep alive when they are really small, is there any special way to care for them to ensure they survive? My guy was abput 3/4 or 1" when I got him so I've not had then as tiny slings. Ive had other small-ish avic slings though.

Any other advice from your experience breeding them?

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
No idea on breeding but i cant imagine sling care would be any different from other avics. Ventilation would be even more important because of the required moisture to prevent dehydration, but other than that...

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
No idea on breeding but i cant imagine sling care would be any different from other avics. Ventilation would be even more important because of the required moisture to prevent dehydration, but other than that...
Yeah that's what I thought but I was reading some breeding reports on some other sites and few said that the slings just kept dying for "no reason". I am thinking it probably was something like ventalation was off or something of the sort.
I've heard purpurea are harder. Diversipes aren't I've heard.
I've heard that too. I've had no problems with my little purpurea sling which I've had since last October and is still pretty small.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've heard purpurea are harder. Diversipes aren't I've heard.
I've only raised 1 purp sing he was easy. I've heard they are supposed slower growers, but I didn't have that issue either.

I personally don't think any of the Avics are any different to care for than the others in terms of husbandry. I've not done anything different and they all turned out fine, but that is my experience only.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I've only raised 1 purp sing he was easy. I've heard they are supposed slower growers, but I didn't have that issue either.

I personally don't think any of the Avics are any different to care for than the others in terms of husbandry. I've not done anything different and they all turned out fine, but that is my experience only.
Yeah, care doesn't seem to be any different. Only one I had died out of no where.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, care doesn't seem to be any different. Only one I had died out of no where.
Yep and every so often I wonder if those "nowhere" deaths are due to something lacking husbandry. I know I have 2 Avic sacmates that have made me wonder...

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've not pair these myself and I have not raised a female of this species so this is all just guessing.

Given that the adult size of this species is 4.5"- 5.5" inches and your male is 3"... I'd be looking for a female that is at least 4" or bigger to make sure she is ready to pair with him. You're likely to get at least one molt from her before before your male matures and you could check her molt to ensure she is mature. Which at that size I'd guess she would be.

That's how I would go if it were me. Good luck.