Xenesthis species

ErikElvis

Newb
Anyone have one of them. Expensive? Looking around all of seem to sold out. Any specific housing requirements? Would like to eventually pick one up as long as I can get “most” of my slings to adulthood. Of course any pics would be appreciated.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Well, Xenesthis species tend to come and go when searching online to buy some. Most of the time the most common Xenesthis species around is X. immanis and X. sp. blue that I see online. Xenesthis species are relatively not the hardest to keep. Just a little more than the average amount of substrate and keep it moist and that's about it. My X. immanis pair are doing quite well and are very good eaters.

0.1 X. immanis

IMG_1359.JPG

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I have 2 X. immanis, a juvenile male and a female. They definitely appreciate moist substrate...when I give them the choice, they always choose to sit on the moist part. Otherwise, just the regular terrestrial setup (hide and water dish.) Growth seems similar to Pamphobeteus to me...big slings, good eaters. I don't have any photos yet...waiting for them to molt another time or two. They were $110 each when I got them about 15 months ago, and from what I've seen, they're the cheapest of the Xenesthis.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've got a young juvenile female Xenesthis immanis. Like the others deep damp sub. My lass quickly made a burrow under her cork bark to the bottom of her enclosure, then along the back, towards the front into the middle.

Pretty shy. Out every night though. Quick.

827B4F95-8965-441C-9235-0A00BD6FA279.jpeg 36CDF948-E8C6-4B71-A8A0-92FAA4DCB97B.jpeg 4133867D-FD07-4EDA-B092-4747966C0A70.jpeg

76F463A0-2212-4E41-9C4F-6FC77079BF92.gif

ErikElvis

Newb
I know there is a species of T that’s common name is darth maul. I think it’s much more appropriate for these.

ErikElvis

Newb
I consider expensive over $100. I just don’t have enough experience to trust myself to keep a $100+ sling alive. Though I can say so far my 7 slings of various species are doing quite well and have no trouble eating. I was initially worried about a 1/2” LP I got as a freebie. My god he was small and wasn’t sure I was up to feeding him appropriately. But I put a crushed lateralis in and the next day found him munching on it.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Anyone have one of them. Expensive? Looking around all of seem to sold out. Any specific housing requirements? Would like to eventually pick one up as long as I can get “most” of my slings to adulthood. Of course any pics would be appreciated.
They should be set up as other oporturnistic burrowers with deep moist substrate. I have had many specimens 15 years back. Both X immanis and X intermedia. They can be more trickier to settle in than other south american burrowers IME. Very leggy spiders, both immature females and males. Females get bulky only when very large and old. Subadult-adult males gets very colorful on carapace and femur.
They where expensive 15 years ago, but not nearly as exoensive as today

ErikElvis

Newb
I’m trying to remember back about 20 years ago and I seem to remember GBB’s being very expensive. Was that the case?

mellow

Arachnobaron
I was just looking at xenesthis sp yesterday and I would love to get one someday. 😃

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I have a juvenile male which I keep in a standard terrestrial setup with moist sub, younger specimens tend to hide a fair bit, mine stays out in the open a bit more now he's put on some size.

know there is a species of T that’s common name is darth maul.
There's at least two species that have been stuck with that name at one point or another (P. victori and T. sp. "Panama" are the two I can think of).