Xenesthis intermedia not eating?

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Does anyone with experience with this species know what kind of an eater they are? I’ve had mine for months know it’s about 1 1/2 inches it molted recently about 3 weeks ago and had time to harden but has only eaten about twice since the molt, I feed slings every two days, but it refuses food often, I use meal worms and super worms and rarely crickets with it, I make sure they aren’t too big for it and I make sure they are close enough it can sense them.

Is there reasons it might be refusing food even though it molted just over a month ago? If it’s not eating alright I know they can go for a while without food but if something is amiss I’d like to rectify if you improve it’s health.

Hi
every 2 days is over kill even for the smallest of slings its probably not hungry.At that size feed it once a week .
Also post pics of your spider and its enclosure.
Regards Konstantin

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Like @Konstantin Konstantinov already pointed out, feeding any tarantula every 2 days is an overkill. For slings feeding once or twice a week is enough.
At this point your tarantula might have filled up its belly and decided it doesn't want to eat anymore. Other option is premolt.

After filling their bellies, tarantulas simply stop eating, often burrow and you won't see them till after molt. So it's rather better idea to feed them less often and have them keep eating for longer period of time.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Does anyone with experience with this species know what kind of an eater they are? I’ve had mine for months know it’s about 1 1/2 inches it molted recently about 3 weeks ago and had time to harden but has only eaten about twice since the molt, I feed slings every two days, but it refuses food often, I use meal worms and super worms and rarely crickets with it, I make sure they aren’t too big for it and I make sure they are close enough it can sense them.

Is there reasons it might be refusing food even though it molted just over a month ago? If it’s not eating alright I know they can go for a while without food but if something is amiss I’d like to rectify if you improve it’s health.
You're feeding it WAY too often. At 1.5" I would probably be feeding once a week.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
could be this could just be not interested in food at this time, prey could be too big, could be a number of reasons but feeding schedules like this create problems like this, intead feed based off abdomen size so that they dont prematurely go on food strike.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I have one around that size and I feed it like once a week. It doesn’t grab prey as furiously as I expected or had heard, not quite like my lasiadoras or pamphobeteuses. But it does eat , I only feed once a week

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
I do sometimes think I may be over feeding although I try to feed them often at sling size, when the abdomen is larger I slow down and if it’s huge sometimes I won’t feed for about 2 weeks. All of my other slings I’ve raised before it have usually eaten until they refuse food once then afterwards I assumed premolt and they all did eventually molt, I was just worried it may of been something to worry about if it’s normal to a certain degree then okay. It’s just my king baboon for example was refusing food often until I found out to keep it’s lower substrate damp and now it eats regularly every week.

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
My Xenesthis are voracious but 2 days is to often. I feed mine a cricket the size of the carapace once a week and they are almost always hungry. Premolt isn't exceptionally long for these guys. Pic of of one of mine

Attachments

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
My Xenesthis are voracious but 2 days is to often. I feed mine a cricket the size of the carapace once a week and they are almost always hungry. Premolt isn't exceptionally long for these guys. Pic of of one of mine
Looks gorgeous 😍😍😍 and you are right it actually ate fast today a week without food just seemed off, my obt and h pactira ate every two days like most slings, this and the orphnacus p have been denying more, but eating today proved I might just be too used to some of my other T’s feeding habits :p thank you guys :D

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Looks gorgeous 😍😍😍 and you are right it actually ate fast today a week without food just seemed off, my obt and h pactira ate every two days like most slings, this and the orphnacus p have been denying more, but eating today proved I might just be too used to some of my other T’s feeding habits :p thank you guys :D
I would encourage you to take a look at all your feeding schedules. Feeding every two days is too often for any sling. Even tiny 1/4" slings I only attempted to feed every four days.
When it comes to feeding less is more.