Xenesthis intermedia care

jayz taranutla

Arachnopeon
Hi I’m getting a X.intermedia soon at least I was wondering the temperament and humidity and housing really I could have said husbandry thanks :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Hi I’m getting a X.intermedia soon at least I was wondering the temperament and humidity and housing really I could have said husbandry thanks :)
Stupid question for you: what research have you done prior to purchasing said tarantula? What did that research show?

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
X. intermedia has an intermediate temperament, and the humidity (if it were deemed relevant) is best kept intermediate. Edit: housing should be intermediate too.
The appearance of this spider is extraordinary. Have fun!

jayz taranutla

Arachnopeon
Stupid question for you: what research have you done prior to purchasing said tarantula? What did that research show?
I was going on here first was for people’s experience before getting him/her because me personally I like asking people here first just so I can ask people question rather than watch/read

But I will do more research I don’t impulse buy

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
X. intermedia has an intermediate temperament, and the humidity (if it were deemed relevant) is best kept intermediate. Edit: housing should be intermediate too.
The appearance of this spider is extraordinary. Have fun!
So an intermedia needs intermediate Everything?! Couldn't all species be so simple!! 🤣

Nicthespidernoob

Arachnopeon
My X. Intermedia is very leggy so I give it a bit more space. It is utilizing it's hide but doesnt seem to be much of a burrower. And so far it prefers somewhat damp substrate but I do keep a side dry in case it is to change it's mind. Hope that helps! Also, Tom Moran has a video on Xenesthis species that was very helpful but I believe you are already aware of that because we touched on the subject through that private message.

Last edited by a moderator:

BillsSpider

Arachnoknight
I have 2 X.intermedia , 2 X.immanis , X.sp blue and a X.sp megascopula. Intermedia is a little more humidity dependent than say immanis but not ridiculous like a Theraphosa. Deep moist substrate as both of my X.intermedia have mad long tunnels that they don't come out of until nightfall, other than that is fairly normal tarantula husbandry. I keep the bottom layer of substrate moist by adding water in the corner with a pipette so the spider can choose his humidity level

Attachments

Nicthespidernoob

Arachnopeon
That is very good to know! Ive also felt that mine is more active at night. I do not keep Immani and have no way to compare.

Very good info.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
<Admin Note:>

Sigh.....

Had to edit/delete a whole bunch of posts for derailing the thread from it's intended purpose, X. intermedia husbandry. I did want to address this situation and some of the comments that have been deleted.

Yes, I'm still here and Debby and I still run the site along with our elite team of moderators. :D Not sure where the mods being rude came into this though, as my post is the first post made by a "staff member" in this thread. As for people being rude, I think that started once we got past about 50 members... ;) Finding something rude is subjective, based in context, culture, and personal experience. More people = more personalities = more conflict. Conflict, in and of itself, is not necessarily a bad thing, however, conflict for the sake of conflict is worthless. Differing viewpoints can help us question "the status quo" and lead to increased knowledge and experiences. Asking a user to clarify what they already know allows other users to be more targeted in what additional information is needed.

Arachnoboards was created (and its purpose still is) to be a community of "arachnid" keepers where information and experiences are freely shared for the benefit of everyone. The point of becoming an Arachnoboards member should be to join that community. Sharing of information can take different forms, whether it be a direct answer, a list of threads that may be relevant, and/or a link to a post from the nearly 20 years of information contained in the forums.

Users, whether old or new, should feel free to post questions whether they've been asked once or a million times.

Every user is not going to like every answer that they receive. Welcome to a public forum.

Contrary to the opinions of many, Arachnoboards is not an echo chamber. However, there are many commonly held beliefs that have been experienced multiple times, by multiple people, over multiple years. That's why they're common.

Derailing a thread with an opinion that someone was rude helps no one and is probably more detrimental than not posting at all.

If you don't like the 'tone' of replies on the forums, feel free to answer the original question in the 'tone" you feel should have been used.

All too often, people equate the actions of some vocal users with the forum as a whole. Over the years Arachnoboards has been called everything from bullies to elitist, and many, many other terms that would be against the rules to type here.

What people seem to forget is that Arachnoboards is what YOU make it, we are merely a platform.

Regards,
Scott

BTW, any comments referencing/responding to this post will be deleted. If you want to discuss, reach out to me privately.

You are now returned to your original topic "X. intermedia hubandry".