Xenesthis immanis

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Columbian Lesserblack...

Anyone have of these or any info? I haven't seen too much info about them. I've seen pics and they look very good. They're most likely rare too, because I think I saw one on e-spiderworld.com for like $350 or around that ballpark.

Dasgre0g

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by AlbinoDragon829
The Columbian Lesserblack...

Anyone have of these or any info? I haven't seen too much info about them. I've seen pics and they look very good. They're most likely rare too, because I think I saw one on e-spiderworld.com for like $350 or around that ballpark.

X immanis is a very cool species indeed. I personally find them overrated though. Average size is about 8 inches across.
Their rareity is based almost solely on the fact that they are very very hard to get an eggsac from. There are many imports though, you could probably grab a spiderling for about 65-75 bucks pretty easily. I think captive bred programs in Germany have been pretty sucessful if i remember correctly. Todd can clear that one up.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think e-spider world is a little pricey in general. I'm sure you can find a more reasonable price somewhere else.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you seek to get an X. immanis for the sake of owning that specific sp., then expect to pay the price. For reasons listed above by Das of course. If you simply appreciate their appearance, there are several other sp. that closely resemble X. immanis that can be acquired for a bit less $. There are a couple Pamphobeteus species and there's Vitalius platyomma as well. Usually those species aren't really that cheap either, but will cost a little less than the immanis.

Atrax