Xenesthis immanis mislabled

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
While stopping in an unfamiliar petshop today, I found a mislabeled spider. It was labeled as "Stripe Kneed Tarantula: $21.99." I knew better. I didn't say anything though ;) It's actually a Xenesthis immanis. It's also a mature male.

I have no reason to buy him, but I'd HATE to see him spend his last days sitting in a petshop. If anyone on here is looking to breed this species, I'll buy him for you and ship him right out :) Just let me know!

-Bryan

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh wow....wish I had a female for him, I'd take him in a heartbeat!
Oh wait, I am just sitting here wondering why the hell I have so many breeding loans already!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
If I'd had a female, I would have bought him on the spot. He's *SO* pretty!

-Bryan

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, it wouldn't be the first time a pet store made a big mistake like that, but have you ever seen a MATURE male A. seemani? Earlier this year, I had one mature, and the difference was incredible. The first thing I thought was, "it looks like Xenesthis!" Jet black with metalic purple/pink around the carapice. Absolutly gorgeous, but it was, indeed, a stripeknee. Like most aphonopelma, the males look very different as adults, although not usually this striking.

I'd ask the store if it's molted since they've had it. I becha they remember the overnight change!

Wade

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Does the X. immanis look anything like this?????

That's a mature male A. seemanni.

Scott

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
That's an A. seemani?! Wow! That is a dramatic difference! Yeah, it looked almost exactly like that. I never knew they had such an extreme appearance change. :?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scott-

A picture is truly worth a thousand words!

Wade