X. immanis

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How does a mature male X. immanis look like? does it change color? Mine is brownish, but i`v also seen one almost black :?

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Forgot to say that i think she is going to molt soon, maby she will be black then? or do i have a male? hehe...:rolleyes:

Arachnophiliac

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Forgot to say that i think she is going to molt soon, maby she will be black then? or do i have a male? hehe...:rolleyes:
I am amazed there was no response to this question! Undoubtedly, you have solved your question by now, but in case you haven't, the black colour fades with time and/or stress. Freshly moulted immanis should always be nearly black (unless they are very young). Cheers,
Bruce

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've noticed that it seems males are more likely to have a purple shiny in their legs while females mostly have black legs...but i only have and have seen a few adults so i'm not sure if the conclusion is meaningful.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow, she hasn't logged on for almost 3 years...don think she'll ever reply here. :rolleyes:

Arachnophiliac

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow, she hasn't logged on for almost 3 years...don think she'll ever reply here. :rolleyes:
Indeed! Though the males do tend to have more intense purple iridescence, this is not a good indicator of sex as females can have quite a bit of purple colouration and immature specimens have less than adults. In other words, a dull or immature male can easily have less purple than a good looking female specimen. Cheers,
Bruce

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yup, i've raised a few slings as well so i know that as youngsters they have mostly just black legs. my comment about the purple legs was regarding individuals with at least a 5.5'' or so leg span...