X. immanis wicked crazy?

roberto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How would you characterize your immanis' disposition?

Mine is incredibly defensive, bordering on outright aggressive. I get attacked everytime I'm doing tank maintenance. If it's not attacking, its butt is sticking straight up in the air, just daring me to eff with it.

:D

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How would you characterize your immanis' disposition?

Mine is incredibly defensive, bordering on outright aggressive. I get attacked everytime I'm doing tank maintenance. If it's not attacking, its butt is sticking straight up in the air, just daring me to eff with it.

:D
X. immanis are pretty fast and defensive especially when suprised. I use tweezers when doing cage maintainence because they are real fast and nervous. I usually give mine a cricket before I do any maintainence that way I only have to watch out for escapes. They can drop the food and bite but, they'd rather eat and be left alone than bite.

Brian

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my x.immanis are both very spaztic
The only agressionn either one has shown so far is to stick their butt in the air, it looks kinda cute, hahaha
When I throw a cricket in, holy crap they go nuts till they get it.
A couple of week ago I had to rehouse my larger one (about 4") and she was very good, I was surprised how easy it went.
They are my favorite species overall.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is very fast and skittish but I wouldn't call her aggressive.

roberto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe I just got one with an attitude problem. I get bared dripping fangs if the raised up butt isn't paid attention to.

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My X. immanis (how do you pluralize "immanis"?) are all fairly flighty, but the only time I have ever seen one relly get defensive, is when I took the sac from my female the other day. She was VERY angry. Typically they are flighty like may Pamphobeteus species, with the exception to P. antinous and P. vesprtinus, who are downright spastic.