X. immanis question

donal

Arachnopeon
sory for the kinda doble post kinda
what are the right perameters for this T iv read all i can find on these and that was not much. i mainly nead to know humidity 80% im told i would presume very damp but the pics/vids seem to show standerd dryish substrate
and most importantly temp iv read of 30C witch seems way to hot
any help would be grately apresiated

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep mine in damp (not wet) substrate. My room is about 80-85 degrees F. I provide a water dish and I spray the cage once a week. I don't keep them any different than I keep my Theraphosa sp. I seems to be working.

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Though it may be optimal, 30 C (about 85 F) is not a crucial part of their upkeep. I keep mine at 75 F in the winter and about 80 F in the summer. The substrate is mostly damp- I like to overflow her water dish when I do maintenance so that one side of the enclosure is dry and the other is wet, and she hangs around the middle.

The issue with humidity seems to be that atmospheric humidity and substrate humidity can differ from each other quite a bit in the wild, but I don't know about the 80% humidity vs. dry substrate part. That said, keep in mind that pictures/videos from the internet aren't the most reliable way to guage the suitability of conditions.

donal

Arachnopeon
cool thanks i have evry thing right so far will be seting the terarium up prople within the next day or so ill build it all properly and add a termostat cotrolled heat lamp as i think it will be the best option for me as heat pads are only ok as they have no termostat and the room canges from 10-25c 50-80f thanks again
D.