Wyvern's Picture Thread

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice photos. Your avicularia slings are beautiful!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful spiders.. I can see a purple tint to the male blondi.. very nice. seems like u got luck with the boys huh? And Welcome to AB :D

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
beautiful spiders.. I can see a purple tint to the male blondi.. very nice. seems like u got luck with the boys huh? And Welcome to AB :D
yeah i do seem to have that luck typically when I buy s'lings to raise or adopt unwanteds from Animal control. LOL. Though I believe I broke that streak with a B. smithi I bought several years ago.. she had a molt last year that I was able to confirm that she was female. :D When I bought the A. geroldi's I got 4 figuring my odds of having at least one male/female pair would be better. I'll find out after a couple more molts.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh yeah, the blondi. he was a weird one. every molt he ended up being a different color. tannish when i bought him, molted into orange, molted into light brown, then molted into that nice choc. brown with the purple and rose highlights. The molt that came after that one I was able to confirm he was a boy. I don't know if the nice rose/purples colors came about on that one molt because nearly the entire summer he pigged out on the 17-year periodical cicadas instead of crickets..just a theory lol.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well its certainly not all bad.. you can either acquire females and breed or get 50/50 splits on s'lings from the sacs! I have actually had a run of males lately with my sexed Ts.. o well :) thats very interesting.. at least its been a good show of colors from it! do you have pics from its other color stages? I had a blondi before that was bright orange.. it was amazing.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well its certainly not all bad.. you can either acquire females and breed or get 50/50 splits on s'lings from the sacs! I have actually had a run of males lately with my sexed Ts.. o well :) thats very interesting.. at least its been a good show of colors from it! do you have pics from its other color stages? I had a blondi before that was bright orange.. it was amazing.

I am working to get matches for some of mine to try breeding. The smithi I think has about another year before I'll find her a mate. The emilia I have my fingers crossed for the end of the year to hook up. I want to see if I can go through the process on my own successfully before trying to do 50/50s with someone. That way if things go bad for the males I have only myself to smack lol.

The only other photo of the T. blondi I could find was one of him in light brown color and pretending to be spiderman... was walking around upside down on the lid screen lol.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cyclosternum fasciatum - Costa Rican Tiger Rump

one more molt and I should be able to sex it.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avicularia geroldi, updated pic to a previous photo in this thread. molt 4/07. This is the largest of my 4 spiderlings. I have a feeling that this one is gonna be a boy, but every molt I get from them has been impossible to spread out to check.

Just now showing some faint hint of the blue to come.