wut scorp species do u think would be best?

KeemCambell

Arachnopeon
im lookin for a T or scorp, my gf would rather me have a scorp and they are cool, im just worried aobut "pet rocks" i had a emp and that was no fun i never saw him eat, move or anything, he jus sat in his hide till it was pitch black then i heard him moving around, are there any species that will be a lil more active during the day or evening (so it doesnt have to be pitch black) that id be able to watch live and watch eat?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
scorpions can't see red light...nor can tarantula's. Scorpions are also mostly nocturnal so they won't usually be too active during the day (light), best to invest in a small red bulb, say 40W or so. Then you can watch them at night and they still think it's dark :D

if you want something more active than an emperor, many say that the Hadrurus arizonensis are active buggers. Like to dig a lot and sting their prey pretty often.

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ya, I'd say Hadrurus arizonensis, they are active, pretty big and just really nice scorps all around...I think T's are cool too tho, I'd say get what you want, but if you want an active scorp, Hadrurus arizonensis is probably one of the most active.

Spanks

Arachnopeon
Yeah I have a H.spadix and he's great. Always digging and moving around, and a lot more entertaining to watch feed.

KeemCambell

Arachnopeon
thanks guys, and i jus read a thread that the desert hairys are pretty hardy also, imma go find a care sheet right now thanks guys!