wth??? hissing scorpions

LoganVivisected

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so its feeding time for my scorps tonight, so im tossing in locust without hopping legs to eat. well, i have a new "emp" in my communal tank i bought a few days ago because he was huge (7 1/2 inches long from mouth to sting) and green,(not green-ish, litterally green), and it rears up and hisses!:eek: dont know if it was me or the locust, because he's been quite docile, even letting me pet his back, but man this hiss was loud. even my cats came in to see and my parents in my living room with the tv on were like "what the f*** was that??". i know heterometrus can hiss, but pandinus? i have never heard any of my other emps hiss so i was starting to think maybe this isnt an imperator. its most deff a pandinus though. so has anyone else experienced hissing emps or is this a diff species? they all live fine together, not even a scuffle so far so im not worried about them getting along, i just want to know what the hell is in my emperor tank if its not an emp. {D

and if it is, thats just weird haha, but neat.:cool:

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does your emperor have a hairy chela (claw)? or is it smooth?

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Pandi hisses, but its not that loud...sounds like when you breath in through your nose, haha...

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
JSN said:
My Pandi hisses, but its not that loud...sounds like when you breath in through your nose, haha...

hehehe, perfect description!! :)