WTH could it be?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just got a call from my little brother that one of my scorpions died. Not such a big deal right? But he said that whatever i fed it is eating the scorpion inside out. I didnt feed any of my pets today (except my dogs) but I checked up on everything today. He said some kind of worm is eating it from the inside and the scorpion looked "split" first tought was maybe its molting? When I asked what scorpion he said "the small yellow one with the wood in it" The only scorp with a wooden hide is one of my B.jacksoni... I'm confused. I dont even know what scorpion died... and what worst I dont know whats killed it.:confused: :wall:.
anyone have a scorpion die this way? I'll post up info as soon as I get home.

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Make sure you keep the "worm". It's probably the larvae of some other insect like a wasp. Some wasps put their eggs in large spiders, so maybe your scorpion fell victim as well. It's very doubtful that your scorpion ate something that led to a worm pulling an alien on the scorp.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well I figure that would be impossibel considering the way scorps eat. I had some larvae on a dead roach before because I had it without a lid and i had a lot of flies in my room. But all my scorps except my M.mart. Are covered. I really hope it's not my jacksonii.

Johnny Savage

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe it wasn't even eatin' it from the inside out. Maybe the scorpion just croaked or something else killed it and the worm is just a meal worm or whatever that stumbled upon the corpse? :?

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was reading over in the T's section and they say this "large worm prasite" can be in a T for years until it pulls an "alien". I don;t see why it couldn't for a Scorp.

I don't remeber the exact thread I read today but its over there.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Maybe it wasn't even eatin' it from the inside out. Maybe the scorpion just croaked or something else killed it and the worm is just a meal worm or whatever that stumbled upon the corpse? :?
Well all my scorps were alive this morning before I went to work. My bro took a picture of it with a crappy phone so i cant tell what scorp died but it looks like some kind of beatle or roach split it open from the head...:confused:. I'll take a pic tonight when I get home and posted up tommorow.

MissConnie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im sorry something happened to your scorpion. Scary but would be interesting to see whats come out of the body?

xxx

Curry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That really does sound like something out of alien. Sorry for your loss. Hope you find out how this all happened.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well I did find out. I found out my brothers is an idiot and he killed my scorpion. The crappy picture looked like a yelow scorp with something brown coming out of it. It turns out it was my B.jacksonni molting but the chela hadn't came out so it looked more ovalish than a real scorp. And the yellowish was the exoskeleton. I helped the molting process but he must have been in that position so long it died. It was it's final molt to I believe. :( oh well off to get a new one.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What did your brother do when he saw something was going on? Did he think it was dying and tried putting it out of its misery or something?

How dry was its environment?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it was humid enough the problem I think is that my brother got to it as it started molting. And grabbed it making it try to escape since it had no defense it pulled it self out so fast leaving it in that position. if it wouldn't of been disturbed i'm sure it would of pulled through. I need to find some B. jac. now.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's harsh. New rule to family members: don't touch anything!!!

I'll probably post on here when I get babies, but I don't know how long that will be.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:( aww that hurts. But I'll get you back mister "doesn't know the difference between Jacksoni and Vitattus" JK :D

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pfft

Rate my video i posted on the video topic so it can be bumped to the top on youtube.{D

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When I get home I can't even see the video here at work.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There's already a line for my babies -- and I only have one mature scorp and want one brood to myself to start things off. {D