Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Wtf?!

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by Deroplatys, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Deroplatys

Deroplatys Arachnodemon Old Timer

UK
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
  2. What

What Arachnoprince

Schizomida is what you are looking for...unless it actually is a uropygid, but that seems unlikely to me.

3. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

They're (kinda) closely related, but definitely not a Uropygid. The 'palps on even a vinegaroon young'n are pretty distinct. A sexy 'lil specimen nonetheless.

4. saltyscissors

saltyscissors Arachnosquire

pretty amazing, i wish i could find some in england
    palpigrades also look like mini vinegaroons, very small and a generalist predator like the schizomid is
    [​IMG]

5. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

wow- that "whip" is fantastic! do you know the general locale that comes from?

6. saltyscissors

saltyscissors Arachnosquire

according to wikipedia, they can be found in every continent, excluding arctic and antarctic areas. i would so love to keep one of these.

7. LOL! I thought it was some kind of cricket before more reading and closer look.

Never knew the arachnid family was THIS HUGE! :liar: (yeah I knew it was over millions but just WOW!) Just when you think you've seen bizarre, something else pops up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.