wrapping tarantula enclosure

Trevis

Arachnopeon
can i wrap my tarantula tank with plastic wrap? u know the stuff that wrap food for storing purpose....to prevent any chemical toxication coz theres a mosquito fogger happening nearby...

Trenor

Arachnoprince
can i wrap my tarantula tank with plastic wrap? u know the stuff that wrap food for storing purpose....to prevent any chemical toxication coz theres a mosquito fogger happening nearby...
Put the whole enclosure in a trash bag and seal it up till the smell is gone.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Why cant wrap it bro? Any reason why?
As long as you can ensure the whole thing is sealed I guess it wont matter. It's just a lot easier to seal a bag then to completely cover and large object with wrap and have it seal up good enough to make a difference.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Block beside mine
I doubt that you need to worry about pesticides a block away...

I spray the outside of my house with commercial grade pesticides monthly. I've never had an unexplained death. Granted, I skip spraying anywhere near my T room, but the point stands.

Trevis

Arachnopeon
So
I doubt that you need to worry about pesticides a block away...

I spray the outside of my house with commercial grade pesticides monthly. I've never had an unexplained death. Granted, I skip spraying anywhere near my T room, but the point stands.
If i wrap my tarantula tank is it bring tarantula harm?

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Yo @Trevis I can't understand what you're saying half the time, you're speaking in these weird fragments. Anyway, you don't have to worry. I paint in my bathroom, which is connected to my room (also T room) and as long as I have the fan and the door closed, I don't worry. It's a block away, no need to fret.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Just scared the plastic trash bag got hole that i didnt notice....
Man, you're being way too paranoid. Did you not read what I wrote about me spraying pesticide? You don't need to make an air tight container.

Blade122888

Arachnopeon
Man, you're being way too paranoid. Did you not read what I wrote about me spraying pesticide? You don't need to make an air tight container.
Thank you for your 'spraying pesticide outside' post, you just calmed my nerves a LOT about an 'organic pesticide' company spraying apartments in my complex. I refused their service, and put my T's in a closed cabinet in the farthest room from the front (and only) door. Being new to this hobby can be SCARY.... Now I can actually focus on my work today lol

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Thank you for your 'spraying pesticide outside' post, you just calmed my nerves a LOT about an 'organic pesticide' company spraying apartments in my complex. I refused their service, and put my T's in a closed cabinet in the farthest room from the front (and only) door. Being new to this hobby can be SCARY.... Now I can actually focus on my work today lol
Spot on, mate. I mean, you don't want to just ignore the spraying all together, but what you did should definitely be sufficient.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
am here. Yeah, I know. Doesn't mean he needs to be as cryptic as possible and give us as little info as possible unless we force it outta him.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I doubt that you need to worry about pesticides a block away.

The rules have changed this year with the zika virus panic. The public is demanding aggressive spraying, and heads will roll if municipalities have an outbreak and they didn't ramp up their spraying efforts. The virus will spread after the Olympics, and likewise they'll be even more calls for spraying. In Florida they're aerial spraying more often and when traps indicate infected mosquitoes, they'll bring in trucks to spray heavily in that area. Where you never had a spraying issue before, you just may now.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
In one way I understand, but the one's I get inpatient with are the Americanese speakers who like to deliberately play the games.
Now I have to get back to housework:hurting: :vomit: