WOW.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Depends on how you view their legality in the USA...
Well,a major player in the US market is now offering them.At $200,not$ 500 a piece.
But,just found out about this,so just relaying info.And ,they are legal,or they are not....there is no "view" to it.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
There was a female one selling for $900 Canadian. There is still a sling for $300.

Tbh, I kinda want since it is so cute. My Brazilian blue dwarf beauty is enough for me for now :D

I can not remember the legality around it. There are some gray areas to legality when it comes to multiple countries (and states)

I believe the USA is going to "Grandfather in" the ones currently in the USA but not allow anymore imports from Brazil.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Lacey act.

United they were LEGALLY exported ORIGINALLY from Brazil then they should, theoretically, from my limited understanding of USA law, be illegal.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Lacey act.

United they were LEGALLY exported ORIGINALLY from Brazil then they should, theoretically, from my limited understanding of USA law, be illegal.
What about the ones in Canada? It is hard to find any info on T's

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
What about the ones in Canada? It is hard to find any info on T's
Canada doesn't have an equivalent of the Lacey act, that I'm aware of. The only laws about importing in Canada are import/export laws.

Again, this is my limited understanding, I'm not a lawyer

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's a very delicate species from what I learned from some owners. I'll be curious if these survive or not generally speaking.

I'll let the early adopters succeed/fail first.

Last edited:

Royalty

Arachnoknight
It's a very delicate species from what I learned from some owners. I'll be curious if these survive or not generally speaking.

I'll let the early adopters succeed/fail first.
I agree tbh. I would want more info on their care before I dive in.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
The site says they sourced US based specimens and supplemented their supply with European imports through an import/export license specifically for breeding these.
The license posted on the site was valid from June 2018 - May 2019. Unclear if current Law has a grandfather clause; if not that would be a high stakes gamble for an LLC (did not check if they are) or anyone with an import/export license to take.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The site says they sourced US based specimens and supplemented their supply with European imports through an import/export license specifically for breeding these.
The license posted on the site was valid from June 2018 - May 2019. Unclear if current Law has a grandfather clause; if not that would be a high stakes gamble for an LLC (did not check if they are) or anyone with an import/export license to take.
Of course they say that, they literally have to say that lol 😆!!! . Idk even if they were suddenly legal, there still not worth what they’re being sold for, no sling is.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Of course they say that, they literally have to say that lol 😆!!! . Idk even if they were suddenly legal, there still not worth what they’re being sold for, no sling is.
I almost pulled the trigger, but I have too many slings; it’ll stay on my wish list for now and give me something to look forward to. The three slings I had at .25” was way too stressful and they were no brainers as far as husbandry goes.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
See,i am confused about even seeing them in the U.S. period.I might have read something wrong,but I thought since Brazil states there have been no "legal",exports of any T,s native to that country,
that any offspring were therefore illegal also.
I haven't seen any wording,or notices that that changed?.And imports from Europe/Canada/Asia into the U.S.,would also be illegal?.
I know that there are exceptions in regards to certain T,s from Brazil,that have been in the hobby forever,but i thought T.seldonia was not included in the grandfathering .I hope
it changed,that would be awesome for keepers wanting these animals.They are beautiful,but i,myself,have no desire to keep them.

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
See,i am confused about even seeing them in the U.S. period.I might have read something wrong,but I thought since Brazil states there have been no "legal",exports of any T,s native to that country,
that any offspring were therefore illegal also.
I haven't seen any wording,or notices that that changed?.And imports from Europe/Canada/Asia into the U.S.,would also be illegal?.
I
Bingo, that’s how I’ve understood it, regardless of it it came from Europe secondly, they still were exported illegally in the first place.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I’m no legal expert, but one would assume they would be illegal regardless of country it’s imported from because the US has them classified as such. How they made it through import/export would be the big question...classified as a different species, gray area of laws, oversite, scientific research, exception, etc. 10/15/20 years from now I’m sure urban myth will have some fascinating story about how Brazilian family jewels made it into the hobby.