wow

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I was helping my mom move today and she had a large brown recluse on her:eek:. I caught it and it is one of the largest one's ive seen

webbedone

Arachnobaron
that would be a sweet spider to keep and use as leverage against your mother, who can say no to a new ferrari when threatened with a brown recluse!

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice job on the catching of the recluse- they are cool spiders. Unfortunately for your leverage, if your mom ever does a little research, she'll realize you didn't save her from anything. This is, of course, with the understanding that members of the Loxosceles genus (with their fused chelicerae and such) cannot penetrate human skin deep enough to cause any harmful effects unless they have help such as being rolled over on and pinned against skin by a mattress or by being pressed against the skin of the leg when hiding in a pair of jeans, etc...

Anyone who claims a Loxosceles was simply walking or standing on them when they were bitten is simply lying.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
KU, i'm not sure i agree with your reasoning there

there are plenty of animals who only need to inject toxins into skin cells to cause venom effect... and a cytotoxic venom seems to be a good candidate for such an action

of course, i seriously doubt that L. reclusa venom is much of anything to worry about so the end point is the same regardless of how one gets there, i guess