Wow! There is a difference!

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My A. metallica just molted again... and this girl is HUGE! I have never seen such a big Avic! With her legs not outstretched I got 5.5", so i am guessing she's at least 6.5" maybe closer to 7". I will get some pics of this beauty as she hardens up. Now almost all my T's have molted! I really cannot believe how big she is, and she got so much more colour to her also. I think she may have just made me a fan ;).....

-Nate

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A big Avic. "sp. metallica" is a damn impressive spider and they are all usually swethearts to boot. It's a totally underrated species because they are so common...but that doesn't make them any less cool.

Welcome to the fan club.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A big Avic. "sp. metallica" is a damn impressive spider and they are all usually swethearts to boot. It's a totally underrated species because they are so common...but that doesn't make them any less cool.

Welcome to the fan club.
I have to admit, i kept just saying 'eh, another stupid pink toe so joe blow seller can get more money, bla bla'... but i am really really impressed! This thing is beautiful, and like you said, she is a sweetheart. She is not skittish like most pink toes i have had. She really is amazing, i want to get a male and mate her :). I still can't believe how big she is! Have you ever noticed how they make webs a bit different than other Avicularia?

Avix4me

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've heard metallicas get up to pretty decent sizes, and remember seeing one over at SSW that had to be roughly 7inches. Personally I have an Avic Avic that has got to be at least 6inches, and she is AWESOME! Anyways, congratz on the molt!

Avix