wow...just sad

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
i went to the taylor reptile show in detroit on the 10th and it was very nice i picked up some tarantulas and brought them back to canada and now there snug in there homes eating :) but..... i almost yelled at this one lady! she was selling snakes... nice ones nice and active but the tarantulas.... welllll 10 bucks for rosies good price right hmmm i would not pay any thing for one of these.

heres the website very good show beside this one lady she had 2 kids with her and she was older and on the hefty side
http://www.michiganreptileshow.com/

Attachments

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
like the container was small too it was touching the top and there was dead crickets in there you can see the legs in the picture!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
How did you get them across the border?

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
How did you get them across the border?

i went with my science teacher... he has some kinda perment and there slings so they let us go thou he also said like they can't not let us back to Canada since we are Canadian

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
i went with my science teacher... he has some kinda perment and there slings so they let us go thou he also said like they can't not let us back to Canada since we are Canadian
Cool.
I guess I gotta go find a science teacher and hitch a ride with them to the next seattle show!

Edit - That's despicable, about the spiders. She could have given it some sub at the very least.

Last edited:

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Are you talking about the guy with the Tokay geckos and the handful of snakes? There was also an A. avicularia next to those that looked to be in a death curl. The lady sitting in the chair isn't actually the vendor - she handles the other side, but yeah.. I agree, it's sad.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
Are you talking about the guy with the Tokay geckos and the handful of snakes? There was also an A. avicularia next to those that looked to be in a death curl. The lady sitting in the chair isn't actually the vendor - she handles the other side, but yeah.. I agree, it's sad.

i don't know i didn't stay at that spot very long but i saw a older lady at the table next to it that looked to be attached

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool.
I guess I gotta go find a science teacher and hitch a ride with them to the next seattle show!

Edit - That's despicable, about the spiders. She could have given it some sub at the very least.
im coming with! haha!

Poor spider though! :( some people just see them as $$ :(

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There seems to be at least one vendor like that at every show I've been too. But Taylor is better than the other two Michigan shows, especially for spiders.

andy375hh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ARe those the people with the reptile toys at the tables also?

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
when i used to work at reptiles plus i had to feed the spiders, the ones on display were fine but in the stock room there were boxes full of little tubs with a tarantula in each, the rose hair box was the worse always found a couple of dead ones, was a shame to see it.

just wish shops that sold tarantulas would set them up like they do the reptiles and snakes but around here they all keep them in tubs untill there sold.