Would you...?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you had adult female smithis, and produced 2000+ slings in one year, would you trade two adult females for a bred formosa and a MM for the other formosa females you already had?
I am curious as to what others think.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How many other mature female smithi's do you have ?

Have you gotten " attached " to this T you may trade ?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How many other mature female smithi's do you have ?

Have you gotten " attached " to this T you may trade ?
I have three adult females left. Two proven, and one that was my first T ever. So Id be trading two proven females. Because the first time T is not going anywhere. She stays no matter what.

Keep in mind I have 600+ slings still and in a few years Ill have plenty of females to breed some more.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Keep the smithis. By the time those new slings are ready to breed, you could have 20,000 more slings from your proven breeders... Plus as has been said " smithi's are better "

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lol ya but do I want 20,000 more smithi? :confused:
The 600 I have left seem like they are going to be around a while.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol ya but do I want 20,000 more smithi? :confused:
The 600 I have left seem like they are going to be around a while.
You can send the Smithis over to the Philippines... LOL.. hmmm.. sounds like a good business opportunity for me, too!

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay Ryan, you know you are just waiting for somebody to say do it, do it!!! i don't actually know how much the Pokies are worth without looking in the classifieds. Your proven B. smithi girls are obviously worth more than your average B. smithi. Also, it just depends on what those Pokies are worth to you! Like you said, you're going to have a million more smithi's.

Hmm... i just re-read your post and now understand you'd be selling your only proven adult female B. smithi's. Something to think about... That would be a tough call... i don't know that i could sell/trade such an awesome producer without anymore left at home... My vote just changed to "NO" but that's me and apparently a lot of other people here who read your post right the first time... LOL

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know, I would give it serious thought though. A male for the females you have plus another female?
Plus you do know what you are doing when breeding brachys is concerned. I know you could successfully breed another female, maybe even buy a younger female and raise her to mature.
Which is your favorite? Do you feel like you need a change after all of the brachy slings that have invaded you lately?
Maybe it would be good to drown in pokies for a while instead of brachys.

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd keep the smithi. That's my favorite T, and plus, smithis are better.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know, I would give it serious thought though. A male for the females you have plus another female?
Plus you do know what you are doing when breeding brachys is concerned. I know you could successfully breed another female, maybe even buy a younger female and raise her to mature.
Which is your favorite? Do you feel like you need a change after all of the brachy slings that have invaded you lately?
Maybe it would be good to drown in pokies for a while instead of brachys.
Thats the main debate I am having, I have tons of smithi already, so why not branch out. But in the same breath these girls were raised from slings by me from day one from a sac I had a few years back lol. Ugg decisions decisions.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'd branch out mate....at least with pokies you could always try communal set-ups with whatever you'd have left from breeding projects...take a que from the boys across the pond and experiment alittle..not only will it add a new excitement to you as a hobbyist but will renew your vigor as an established breeder...lol ok. ok. alittle to on the dramatic side :liar: but hey... just think of the fun you'd have..with 600 plus slings in the wings is there a immediate need to breed again in the near future???

wayne:cool:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Such good points. I wonder if he'd do one smithi female, for one formosa female. Mainly because I have a lock on a freshly MM.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sounds fair and you could always throw in some of the slings as well....either way he'd be making out

wayne

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hmm tomorrow Ill see if I can get him to bite on that idea. That way I can keep my two firsts. Guess we shale see! Thanks for everyones input. :clap:

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
definitely have to keep the very first smithi - that is a given. I would probably keep one of the proven breeders and use the other one as barter for a new project that you can branch out with and if necessary, use as many slings that are left to make that deal work out. I probably would give the proven female a 2 year break if you continue to have a ton of babies hanging around lol.

My emilia breeding is going along very nicely (thanks for all your help on that too). I have my fingers crossed for my smithi pair next year - the male should mature on his next molt. This year I lucked out big time and found a male G. pulchra to go with my freshly molted female. I had resigned myself to having to wait another year to find her an adult male. Can't wait for him to arrive. If all goes well I should be putting those two together by the end of September. I have two other pulchra males, but it'll be a few years before they finish growing up and mature. My smallest pulchra sling looks like a girl so far.

zimbu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The way I see it, the only issue is how patient you are... I mean, with as many slings as you have you're obviously going to be able to produce more proven females out of that if you're so inclined. Why not put smithis on the back burner for a few years, so to speak, while some of the slings you have mature and in the mean time have fun with the pokies?

Course, the best of both worlds situation is obviously the best possible situation, so good luck with that ^_^.