Would you disturb a freshly molted P. murinus.....

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So my P. murinus molted today, I looked into its hide with a flashlight and found two of them. Now....I want to get that exuvium out, but it would probably require tearing down a bit of the substrate/web wall its built up, or picking up the piece of bark to get at it. Any advice? I don't actually have a long thin pair of tongs or anything like that. I realize the fangs are still soft and probably am not going to get bit, but I don't want to 'ruin' the moment for it either... any advice welcome, if I should just leave it for now or grab it out.

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's probably best just to leave it alone since it's so vunerable right now. You don't want to chance the T hurting itself.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't go near it. You can be as careful as you want but if you startle the T, it could take off and really injure or kill itself which is beyond your controll. You can however keep that from happening by leaving it alone.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah. definately leave it. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be bugged if you just pulled all your skin off... :)

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get forceps. I got them the day I got my OBT and love those things now. Cant imagine being a T keeper without them, to be honest.

Give it some time, but dont stress taking down some of the webbing. It'll just web it up again in not time.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it's large enough & you need the skin for sexing, then I would try to remove it.

I had to slice (just down one side) open most of my Avic. sp's tube web fairly soon after her last molt. I only did it so soon as because she has a habit of distroying her old skins & she was large enough that I wanted to make sure she wasn't a matured male.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you for all the replies. I've waited, and will wait til tomorrow, and I'll get those forceps and use them. Its fairly close to the opening, so it should be okay.

_Nagash_

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Give it some time. Rhe T might even bring out the old skin when it`s cleaning its burrow.
My P.murinus usually throw it into some webbing outside its burrow.

Messy and nice :D

Greets
Robin