Would this be safe to put in a tarantulas enclosure?

Aqual

Arachnopeon
I don't know if it is or not. I got it at Walmart and it's fake, it's also made in China

Attachments

user 666

Arachnobaron
Sure!

I'm using something similar (although I got mine at Hobby lobby).

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
With any synthetic material. Dip a sample in boiling water for a half minute then shake out the water thoroughly and place between two pieces of clean new white paper. Press firmly, like place a stack of books on it and leave it for 24 hours. If the paper has discolored in any way, whether the color of the material has transferred or it yellows or simply leaves an odd stain, the material is not stable.
Unstable synthetic materials can contain a galaxy of chemicals that may be harmful.

Aqual

Arachnopeon
With any synthetic material. Dip a sample in boiling water for a half minute then shake out the water thoroughly and place between two pieces of clean new white paper. Press firmly, like place a stack of books on it and leave it for 24 hours. If the paper has discolored in any way, whether the color of the material has transferred or it yellows or simply leaves an odd stain, the material is not stable.
Unstable synthetic materials can contain a galaxy of chemicals that may be harmful.
Thanks

The Snark

Old Timer
I would add, this is only a very rough rule of thumb. However, in creating synthetics there is no USDA or Food and Drug supervising. Petrochemical distillates are very common along with arsenical compounds, metals, biphenyls, cyanides and you get the picture. Many plastics could be broken down and reconcocted into pesticides.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I don't know if it is or not. I got it at Walmart and it's fake, it's also made in China
Whether its "silk" type or plastic, be sure to thoroughly clean them before use. A mild soap w/h hot water followed by a good rinsing will remove the releasing agents used by the manufacturer.
I've switched to plastic foilage only. After repeated cleanings the silk type begin to fray along the edges. Just an FYI.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
Wouldn't worry about it too much in a T enclosure, it's probably safe for aquatic environments although I would be hesitant to go there! So safe for Ts

The Snark

Old Timer
I'd like to get some feedback from @nugget on what I am missing from the rough toxicity test.