Would this be fine for a sling

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was wondering if this will be to big for a A.Versicolor and a Brazillian Pink Salmon sling?

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
What are the measurements of the box?

Is there a way to make a secure division?

Slings get through some of the smallest spaces.
If you can't secure it you could end up with one fat spider.
As long as the T's are at least over an inch they should be fine.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by rosehaired1979
I was wondering if this will be to big for a A.Versicolor and a Brazillian Pink Salmon sling?
No, it is much too big for a sling. Also, you wouldn't want to put 2 slings into ANY single container or you'll end up with only one as they will eat each other.

Depending on the sizes of your sling, you would be better off with vials or the small single serving Ziploc containers you can buy in the grocery store. How big are your critters now?

Wysi

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I haven't got them yet I will get them next week. The Versi is 1/2" and I am unsure on the brazillian pink salmon cause all art cerda say is baby brazillian pink salmon

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by rosehaired1979
I haven't got them yet I will get them next week. The Versi is 1/2" and I am unsure on the brazillian pink salmon cause all art cerda say is baby brazillian pink salmon
In that case......usually, the vials the dealer sends them in will work as a good home until they grow. I started saving all the vials that were sent to me and I tend to reuse them. Vials can go up to 50 drams in size though my favorite is the 40 dram vial. It is better to use vials for critters that are 1 inch or smaller as they have plenty of room to move around. It'll probably be several months before the container you showed in the photo will be of use to you......unless you decide to go out and buy a bigger spider to add to your collection. ;)

Another container that works nicely for critters that small is a condiment cup. I don't know if you have an El Pollo Loco near you or maybe even an all-you-can-eat salad bar, but if you do, they usually have condiment cups with lids available. You can just grab a few empty ones with lids rather than putting anything in it. I've done it a few times myself. ;)

Wysi

Wysi

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Go with the vials, the versicolor will be able to live in it until it molts a couple of times, then move it to something larger like the container below.

It is about 2" around and 4" tall.

Attachments

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how about those hot sauce containers u get at taco shops (sorry for u midwest guys that dont have taco shops...;))? the lil plastice ones that are abot 1 in in diameter...(i'd be housing a 1/4 in sling.)

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
The L. parahybana slings I have (from the arachnopets contest) are in small condiment cups. I believe the ones Art has are from the same eggsac. (Tony?)

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You must also consider humidity and ventilation for the A. versicolor spiderling as they tend to have a greater need in this area than your typical Avicularia species. To keep humidity high, you will probably want to stick with a vial instead of a deli cup. If you have a small amount of substrate, you will have a tough time keeping the moisture up.

kellygirl

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I got 250 of the little "hot sauce containers" at Smart & Final for around $3.00. I would think they would also carry them at Sam's Club, Costco, etc.