Would like info on Parabuthus Capensis

pokiecollector

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would like all the available info on Parabuthus Capensis. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Try Google, use the search function. Visit the website: scorpions of south africa. Just a few tips.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What's up with all the Qs about P capensis? Do you know where to get some or something?

Care should be pretty much the same as other Parabuthus spp

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Really??? Wow thats a nice addition! If you can, get more of those and breed them it would be really nice (hint hint)

Here is an article I did for P trans. The care should be very similar to P cap
Parabuthus transvaalicus by BrianS

Skywalker

Arachnopeon
Do you have any pics? It's hard to believe that it's P.capensis knowing that they only occur in Namibia and RSA, two countries which have very strict exportation laws.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well considering that isn't your picture, I'd suggest not saying it is. That is a HUGE no-no.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thats what mine looks like... just to give you an idea.
Aight, just FYI, when you decide to post a picture for reference, post a link to the picture rather than hotlinking. The owner of that site would appreciate it :)

Also, congrats on getting such a rare sp if that's what it turns out to be.

Skywalker

Arachnopeon
Pics please :p
And I would like to see pics of your P.capensis and not some pics you've found online. Is it possible that you take a few please?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This discussion is getting useless without pictures of your scorpion........:rolleyes:

Boaz Solorio

Arachnopeon
I recently picked up three CB Parabuthus capensis scorplings from @venom_macro (Instagram) and want to know a little more about this species. As far as care goes, it seems pretty straightfroward, though I want to know more. I understand that these are a rarity, and seeing the adult specimens, there's no doubt that they're gorgeous species. Here are the three scorplings I've got.

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
What are you wanting to know about them? I have every Capensis morph in the current hobby. And I care for them all the same

Boaz Solorio

Arachnopeon
What are you wanting to know about them? I have every Capensis morph in the current hobby. And I care for them all the same
Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm rather new to scorpions and I was lucky enough to meet someone kind enough to gift me three, so I want to treat these guys right, and learn as much about them as possible up until I can breed them.