Would it be okay to put my spiders under this table to make room?

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
I don't see why not; if you.push it back in the shadows the spider will most likely appreciate it.
Just don't put it right over a floor register and run the A/C..........

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
If it's a ground floor like mine, and poorly insulated, maybe drop a thermometer down there for a couple days to get an idea. Mine got quite cold this winter, 50's for sure. It also gets below zero here though.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It should be fine as long as there is not any problems or potential issues that can occur from it.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I wouldn't put tarantulas directly on the floor. You would be putting them in direct contact with the surface that receives the most amount of movement as people walk around in the room which could cause some stress. Besides, how would one keep an eye on a tarantula that is hidden away under a table without constantly moving the cage around? Looks like it is time to get a proper shelving unit to me.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
... Looks like it is time to get a proper shelving unit to me ...
This.

You're near a tipping point lol. If you clear the table for space, then eventually it just becomes space for more tarantulas and then you're back to square one :rofl: . Best just do yourself a favor and get one now rofl.

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
This.

You're near a tipping point lol. If you clear the table for space, then eventually it just becomes space for more tarantulas and then you're back to square one :rofl: . Best just do yourself a favor and get one now rofl.
I faced this crisis. I broke weak and bought a rack. Then I needed a second one… now I need a third lol

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My concern would be foot traffic and colder temperatures.