Would it be benificial to use a RIPARIUM for a Crab? (any freshwater species)

zoroastrianpulchripes

Arachnosquire
fyi; a riparium is ~ 80% water and 20% land, and is similar to a coast. i'm wondering if this would be a good enclosure setup for a crab, an invert i've been interested in for a long, long while. thank you for answers!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Well, the design of the riparium and the tweaking of the amount of water is going to influence what kind of crabs would work best in that enclosure, but I imagine most crabs commonly available would appreciate such a setup (again with maybe some tweaks to allow for more land).

Thanks,

Arthroverts

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
fyi; a riparium is ~ 80% water and 20% land, and is similar to a coast. i'm wondering if this would be a good enclosure setup for a crab, an invert i've been interested in for a long, long while. thank you for answers!
That sounds like a great idea, depending on the species. I know that vampire crabs (Geosesarma spp.) are kept in mixed land-water tanks, though the recommended land:water ratio for them is flipped at approx 80 land:20 water, which would classify the vivarium as a paludarium. I'm sure more crab species prefer a higher proportion of water as in a riparium. Good luck, and please post photos of what you create 👍