Would gel crystals help keep humidity up

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
Yes it would, but it would be extremely minuscule and i would advise against it. Whats wrong with plain old water?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
An additional dish of water would be more effective, and cheaper too.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OK, just thinking of what to do.....to try and up the humidity. I meant in addition to a water bowl, thinking that crystals would not evaporate so quickly if I had a bunch set in there.

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
Put a layer of vermiculate under the substrate, then put water onto it. Also doesn't slowing evaporation defeat the purpose of raising the humidity?

Last edited:

losct2381

Arachnosquire
I was having humidity problems. With another set up I have for a t- spinipes. What I finally came up with was a hood or door that I could control ventilation with here are some photos

Hope this will help if u want the material list just let me know

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

The vents ate adjustable I can control the amount of humidity that escapes

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe add some spaghnam moss that retains moisture well and will help humidity

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I tried that moss and I kept getting white mold growing on it....or maybe it was poop? It just seemed messy but it did keep humidity higher. I can increase and decrease ventilation, but with avics everyone said they need lots of ventilation. So high ventilation and high humidity is not an easy task when my hous runs about 20% humidity. Thank you for all the suggestions.....I will figure something out...I hope.