Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Would anybody be interested in traveling in search of tarantulas?

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by antinous, Nov 20, 2018.

1. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh

Advertisement
    Tentatively planning on going somewhere in Latin America to look for wild tarantulas/herps in the near future and was wondering if anybody would be interested? Usually it’s just me and figured it would be more fun with someone other than the guide who thinks I’m weird because I like spiders and snakes.

2. Kydog100

Kydog100 Arachnopeon Active Member

I would if I had the time or the money to fly there and go on a large hunt for Ts

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Yeah how much would this be? And how long?? I’d be up for it.

4. Sarkhan42

Sarkhan42 Arachnodemon Active Member

I would definitely be up for it, but I’m already planning to take a study abroad program to Costa Rica. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some Ts when I’m there though!

5. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh

Not sure, whenever I travel I tend to do go with the 'bare basics' route meaning that I stay in cheap hostels, eat street food and really just go off on my own when looking. It's not glamorous by any means and it wouldn't be an ideal 'relaxing' kind of vacation. When I have more info on where I'll be going, I'll post it. I usually try to stay for at least a month so I know I'm getting my money's worth.

6. Inktomi2

Inktomi2 Arachnopeon

How would you get them back into the US?

7. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh

I don’t take animals out of the wild, I leave that to importers/exporters who have the proper permits and paperwork. This is me just searching for them in their natural environment, taking photos and notes, documenting them and leaving them be.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I'd love to, but i'm currently dealing with school and wouldn't have the money. :(

9. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince

I'd love to go. I speak Spanish too so Latin America would be good for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.