Worth the price?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Is $175 a good price for a Euathlus sp. red that was born in 2009?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Sounds pretty steep to me, just seen one in the classifieds not too long ago for less than $100 that was a confirmed female.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Yes its to high, I recently sold 3 diff confirmed juvenile @2" females for $60ea, an adult would be fair at $100 or so.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Sheesh! She always has high prices. If anybody can direct me to this species let me know.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
She's asking $175 for a 2.5"-3" spider that was born in 2009 along with an offspring that is 3/4". I offered to buy just the female for $100 but she refused. Also refused a 135 dollar offer. Whatever, I'm sure one will come around at a reptile show one day.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it's something you want then the value is whatever you're willing to pay.
I say buy it if you have the money.Don't be wondering what if later

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
True, just seems like a lot for an older spider. I hear they can live 15 years though correct? Especially since I know of a guy. This guy lives in the same state as me and has to resort to buying tarantulas from out of state. This is because most, if not all dealers refuse sales because of the legalities of shipping these creatures. Anyway, I saw a video of his and he said he obtained this species for only $45 each. Also, on an other forum, I heard of somebody picking this species up for $30. Probably wild caught, but still.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I wouldn't buy it. If it's a species you really want, then I would start a "want to buy" in the classifieds. I'm sure someones got a nice female out there they'd be willing to sale for less than that.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Now people are saying that this species is super hard to come by. Really considering getting it. Other opinions?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Personally that is way too high and I would not pay that much for one. That being said only you can answer if a Ts is worth price X. I have paid more than normal for a species I wanted so it's really how much is it worth to you.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I see these things on reptile dealers tables all the time for like 30 bucks lol.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I see these things on reptile dealers tables all the time for like 30 bucks lol.
Heh, I gotta go to more reptile shows...

Personally, the price is too high for me. I got one sling of this locality at $10 and another as a freebie, and I don't mind waiting the wait lol.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Since you're from NY, do you go to the White Plains reptile expo a lot? If so, do you see them there? Importing this species is not allowed now so I'm just wondering when you saw it. If it was at the last reptile expo in 2016, that would be sick. I go every time and I'll probably check for one at the February show.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Yeah, I'll be there in February. Check reptile kingdom and out backs tables. I don't believe the whole import ban hype either.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Yeah, I'll be there in February. Check reptile kingdom and out backs tables. I don't believe the whole import ban hype either.
I appreciate the help. I called one of these shops and they have no stock of this species. The other says that they might have them in time for the February show starting at $25-$35. Thank you!