Worst Petstore experience EVER!!

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Ok i know this should go in the reviews of petstores but i had to post this here because of the fact that it almost made me sick seeing the poor tarantulas they had there. I will also be posting a review in the review section also. Anyways it is a petstore in Toronto Ontario called Port Credit Pets website is http://www.portcreditpets.com/ dont let the site fool you like it did with me I thought it would be a decent store that is clean and has some healthy nice lookin T's. Well i was very wrong. They have a decent selection of T's but they are very underfed and have no water dishs or sponges in any of the enlosures :eek: which was very unsetteling. I went there because they had cobalts. Well anyways what they had the T's in were glass mason jars for canning things like peaches and there was less than an inch of soil in the jars and the soil pretty much looked like it was just stuff I would dig up in my backyard. Well anyways there were about 5 dead T's including the only female Cobalt Blue they had which made me pretty upset. Its legs were curled under and its abdomen was all shrunken and sucked in almost looked liek a dried raisen. Another T that was dead was a Feather leg that had been eaten by crickets, there were pieces of leg inside the enclosure but that was about it. Needless to say I didnt buy anything from them due to the poor care they had given all the T's that were there. The only good lookin T's they had that were healthy were a Mexican Red Knee and a Blood Leg. Which were both $200 each. Well anyways it made me very upset and just thought I would let you guys know to never give your business to them. So instead of buying from them I went to a petstore called Pet Mart just about 5 mins away which didnt quite have the selection that the other one did buy had good looking healthy T's. So I bought a 6" Trinidad Chevron from them.

peace

TheDon

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I guess I'll not be going there again.I went once.They just happened to be unloading a shipment of T's from which I grabbed a few from.Didn't have a real chance to closely check the instore selection other than noticing they had a fair selection.Thanks for the info...saves me an hr drive for nothing....peace..

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man i hate when you go into a pet store and see a dead t (i mean one thats obviously been dead for a couple days/weeks) and you;re like "Um, dude, your cobalt's dead" and then they have to go in there and play around with it, and they're like "yeah i guess it is" --

i mean, do they ever check on their Ts?
and anyways is it just me, or can't you just TELL when a T is dead? whether you know it or not, it just looks dead, right?

any pics of the new 6 incher?

peace
dave

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
we had a rosehair die just after flipping over for a molt I turned it over so it looked alive. the next day there was someone else working and they sold it. the poor guy got home and didn't even notice for around an hour. then he brought it back. I would have just thrown it away if I thought someone would have bought it. we let him keep the dead T and he pickled it.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I am working on getting a camera so i can take a picture of my new beast. I didnt notice how big it was untill i transfered it into the 10 gallon, now she is strolling around checkin things out. and yes i agree that u can usually tell when a t is dead without poking it. The guy in the store was like ya i think its dead also, he was like they are usually more aggressive than that when u touch the container. I kinda just shook my head and looked around at the other cobalts and then left after noticing a few more dead ones :( You were lucky pelo to get your T's before the store had time to mistreat them.

johnnyjohnjon do you work there?

As soon as i get a hold of a decent camera I will be sure to take pics of all my T's. I tried using a throw away camera but the pics never turn out so until I get a good camera its not even worth trying.

Now i have to go try and get my suntiger to come out so I can move her to her new tank. Should be interesting :eek:

peace

TheDon

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
if you are TRULY sickened by the pet store, there is definitely something you can immediately do.

if you make a report to the department of agriculture, give them the name of the store and the address and a detailed report and the date you experienced the incident, they are required by law to send someone to investigate.

enough reports, they have their business license revoked and are forced to close.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I think I just might have to do that. For that petstore and the one at the mall near me. I just have to figure out how to get a hold of them. Im in Canada so if you know an email address or the site please post it otherwise I will look for it myself.

Also I am happy to say that I succesfully moved my suntiger to her new tank without incident she didnt really wanna go but she didnt show any threat postures and she didnt bolt. She just didnt always move the way I wanted her to.

peace

TheDon

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, unfortunately, you have to look in the local phone book for your local department of agriculture branch. i have no idea where to look for listings.

you might try online...here, let me see...

here's a link but i'm not sure where to go from here. i just looked up my local office, called them and got transferred like five times.

however, they were VERY professional and she actually asked me to repeat exactly what i'd said a few times so she could get the account down correctly. :) i was HIGHLY pleased.

http://www.usda.gov/services.html

good luck!!!