Worst Craigslist Ads;

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
You know, living in a nation like mine, where the keeping/breeding/trade of arachnids is regulated by law, has only one positive side: You aren't forced to see such crap.
They were banned for a long time though.

This has to be a joke.
View attachment 425667
I think those are abandoned eggsacs on the ground :sad:
How have they not chewed their way out yet? Those mantis / butterfly mesh habitats are in no way secure.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
They didn't accept my offer, sadly. I hope someone who knows better gets this poor tarantula.
Screenshot_20230302_134221_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20230302_134123_Samsung Internet.jpg

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
People seem to think they can get all their money back. That's not the way it works. It looks like a Zoo Med 12x12x18 which usually costs about $100.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
People seem to think they can get all their money back. That's not the way it works. It looks like a Zoo Med 12x12x18 which usually costs about $100.
Their asking price is quite reasonable, I'm just not about to pay that much for a t that could already have sustained fall damage. I feel so bad for it though because I can tell it's very stressed, it doesn't even have a hide and I'd bet money they handle it often and probably just release a dozen feeders at a time.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Their asking price is quite reasonable, I'm just not about to pay that much for a t that could already have sustained fall damage. I feel so bad for it though because I can tell it's very stressed, it doesn't even have a hide and I'd bet money they handle it often and probably just release a dozen feeders at a time.
Yeah, If I purchased that package, it would be more for the enclosure than the tarantula. For a few bucks more, you could get a brand new Zoo Med terrarium in a pet store, without paying a shipping charge.

aprilmayjunebugs

Arachnosupporter
Yeah, If I purchased that package, it would be more for the enclosure than the tarantula. For a few bucks more, you could get a brand new Zoo Med terrarium in a pet store, without paying a shipping charge.
That was part of why I wanted it, but more because of the poor state of that beautiful species looking so clearly stressed out. But they were offended by my low balling them so it ain't gonna happen now, lol.
In my area it's insanely easy to cheap out on this hobby. I've been at this for a little over 3 years now, obtained 12 tarantulas in total (lost 3 slings unfortunately) have all adult enclosures and supplies needed for the ones I have, never paid retail price for any name brand enclosures, and my grand total is under $500.

Taffy

Arachnoknight
We’ve all seen them on Craigslist, Ebay, FB market place etc.

People selling Obese G.Pulchra’s in a fish tank with 1inch of rainbow gravel and a pale yellow spider plant in the corner or $150 for P.Metallica’s who ‘like being stroked’.

So here’s a thread to post all the awful ads you find on these online marketplaces.

I’ll begin, (this is from @Scarabyte)

View attachment 377908
what is an “obese g. pulchra” tarantulas get fat sometimes, i’ve seen very fat tarantulas in the wild. its normal

very sketchy. i work in a lab and you can’t publish your work unless you know exactly where the inverts were collected from. this is definitely some sketchy seller trying to get scorpions and tarantulas for a cheap price so he can resell them at a veryyy high price.

Mountaindani

Arachnopeon
This is so wild! I watched local ads for years and never seen tarantulas. But some of these are pretty great. Blood drinking, baby devouring, suspicious eyed pets? Sign me up!