Worst Craigslist Ads;

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
We’ve all seen them on Craigslist, Ebay, FB market place etc.

People selling Obese G.Pulchra’s in a fish tank with 1inch of rainbow gravel and a pale yellow spider plant in the corner or $150 for P.Metallica’s who ‘like being stroked’.

So here’s a thread to post all the awful ads you find on these online marketplaces.

I’ll begin, (this is from @Scarabyte)

F2D2FAF3-D0CE-4D0C-9B7D-FD36B6472A73.jpeg

Reezelbeezelbug

Arachnosquire
Currently there's one near me for a "Salmon Toe Bird Eater" :rofl: that's 2" and comes with a 10 gal with what looks like 1" of spikey cypress mulch and no cover in the top 1/2 of the tank.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It's Craiglist, don't expect to see a "refined 5-star" of anything on there. I feel bad for anything that is on Craiglist.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So here’s a thread to post all the awful ads you find on these online marketplaces.
You know, living in a nation like mine, where the keeping/breeding/trade of arachnids is regulated by law, has only one positive side: You aren't forced to see such crap.

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
We’ve all seen them on Craigslist, Ebay, FB market place etc.

People selling Obese G.Pulchra’s in a fish tank with 1inch of rainbow gravel and a pale yellow spider plant in the corner or $150 for P.Metallica’s who ‘like being stroked’.

I’ll begin, (this is from @Scarabyte)

View attachment 377908
This girl is doing great now, btw! Have her set up in a nice enclosure. Only issue is she loves flipping her water dish lol.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
This girl is doing great now, btw! Have her set up in a nice enclosure. Only issue is she loves flipping her water dish lol.
That’s fantastic!

This sort of T rescue I don’t oppose as in most cases people are selling to get rid of T’s, not profit of them. So there’s no demand met or vacant space enabled for another poor T.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
I guess I'm lucky cause I never see any ads on Craigslist in my area for inverts

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
That’s fantastic!

This sort of T rescue I don’t oppose as in most cases people are selling to get rid of T’s, not profit of them. So there’s no demand met or vacant space enabled for another poor T.
The lady i got her from wasn't even selling, just gave me her for free when she found out I was experienced lol

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
The lady i got her from wasn't even selling, just gave me her for free when she found out I was experienced lol
Too bad you're not out by me. Someone in the area is selling a "goliath bird eater" (did some looking, it's probably a T. stirmi) that's like....4" but comes in a 50 gallon aquarium with no substrate, big spiky wood decor, a heat lamp, and a hygrometer for $50.
I just got an Avic I didn't originally want, I'm not sure I'm ready to take on a Theraphosa as well.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
The adds are bad but prehistoric pets in has all the tarantulas on coco chips with less than an inch of substrate, very little hiding places, screen mesh, and have loose super worm beetles. It’s not that hard to go online and improve care.

Just saw this on offer up. I can’t tell if there is one that had the best molt ever or put multiple in to show off the deli cups.

Attachments

neens

Arachnopeon
Just saw a new one pop up, N. incei for $100. Completely bald abdomen and housed in what looks like an arboreal exo tera. Sad.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
This person says these are communal and has them in a water base. Wasn’t there a thread started a couple days ago started because they thought the pokie was a communal spider. When will people learn?

I also wonder how a Craigslist seller got a ton of ABG millipedes. And another seller that had multiple avics in one tub.

Attachments

goonius

Arachnoknight
I keep wanting to rescue this one who has somehow managed to not fall to its death yet... but I’m so torn. I really don’t need to be taking on more, and so many awful scenarios come up on Craigslist. I’d soon own hundreds.
I can only imagine what the 10 gallon included tank is set up like.

Attachments

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I keep wanting to rescue this one who has somehow managed to not fall to its death yet... but I’m so torn. I really don’t need to be taking on more, and so many awful scenarios come up on Craigslist. I’d soon own hundreds.
I can only imagine what the 10 gallon included tank is set up like.
"2 years old tarantula"

*suspicious eyes*