Worried !!!!

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
By 1 inch Chaco has spent the last few days walking the walls of his deli cup. I assumed once the moister left he'd be fine. Yesterday, he started leaving clear droplets ( from his mouth )of what I thought was water on the deli cup sides. Though he ate yesterday, now he is crumpled up on his side and NOT moving. I opened up the cup to take a look at him ( I didn't touch him ) Still no movement.

Is this normal ??? I think he may be dead !!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Crumpled meaning legs tucked under her? If that is the case and its not moving it might be dead...... have you seen a Tarantula molt before? Are you sure its not a molt?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've never seen a molt... but the chaco is on its side, and it ate yesterday

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are the legs tucked under???If so he is in a death curl.Put him in a ICU ASAP!

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Legs 3 and four are backed over its abdomen. 1 and 2 are out front. Like it was walking. The other side is the same.

Is this a death curl ?

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a death curl would be all the legs tucked under the T's body by what you are saying its not doing this.

Did you try to move it?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
a death curl would be all the legs tucked under the T's body by what you are saying its not doing this.

Did you try to move it?
It's in such an strange position. One side I can't even see the legs...

I was afraid it may be a odd molt, so I didn't want to touch it. Should I just leave it be till tomorrow ?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would say molt but it's odd that you said it ate yesterday?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its sounding more like a molt.......... they sometimes dont flip all the way over and will molt on their side.... just leave him be, at that size she should complete the molt in a few hours. If it goes longer then 3 hours maybe start to worry about it being something else...... but for now just be patient.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
strange.. as mentioned just give it some time.. if you dont notice it starting to molt then somthing else may be wrong. can you get a picture of your T?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks everyone. I'll wait to see what happens.... I think I worry TOO much !

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep, bet its moltin, keep substance moist, it will help yer T molt :D
good luck

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just last week my P. regalis molted sideways. My bet is that you are going through the same thing. Just give it a few hours and see if it looks any different. With my regalis the prosoma looked very swollen as it had been popped off, and the new tarantula underneath looked about the same color as the membranes between the joints so it was hard for me to tell that it was molting until it got farther along.

Good luck!

tospace

Arachnopeon
i don't think it would be a molt if it ate a day before a pic might help a bit more

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We need an update. I hope everything is ok.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i don't think it would be a molt if it ate a day before a pic might help a bit more
I have had more then one species have a pre molt meal the day before. Sometimes even when heavly in pre molt they decide one more meal would be good. I offer food sometimes to Ts that are having really long pre molt for one reason or another and sometimes they take the prey.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep, bet its moltin, keep substance moist, it will help yer T molt :D
good luck
This actually will not help and if its molting, making the substrate wet will only stress it out if its molting.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
All is well, but my nerves are shot

Woke up this morning...

He was in his " I'm hungry " spot, dancing around the deli cup... LITTLE BUGGER ! I threw a cricket in because I was happy to see him up... he ate it right away.