Worried about white spots

Anau

Arachnopeon
So recently I spotted mold in my A. Chalode's' enclosure and I cleaned it immediately. While carefully getting her out, I noticed she has white spots near her eyes between her legs. I tried getting pics but as she's still a sling, it's hard to get a good picture of her. I'm mostly worried because I've had her for about three years and not in the times she's molted has she had these specks.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Could be anything from poop to mites. If you don't have pictures of your tarantula, then, please, at least post some pictures of your terrarium setup. Without pictures, our guess is as good as yours.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
So recently I spotted mold in my A. Chalode's' enclosure and I cleaned it immediately.

Anau

Arachnopeon
Could be anything from poop to mites. If you don't have pictures of your tarantula, then, please, at least post some pictures of your terrarium setup. Without pictures, our guess is as good as yours.
I will try to get some pics in the morning when she should be less active. Right now I'm worried as all of my Ts love to try to escape when I try to feed em at night.

Anau

Arachnopeon
Thank you for your wisdom. So far it's been four days since I cleaned her home and saw the spots. She's been acting normal so far but I know that can change at any given moment.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Right now I'm worried as all of my Ts love to try to escape when I try to feed em at night.
No need to wait till night to feed your tarantulas, they are not really that nocturnal. Some species are a bit more likely to venture out of their hide when it is dark, but they are not sleeping by day and are active by night.

Also, what species do you have and how are you feeding them? This really puzzles me as my tarantulas do not try to escape when I feed them.

Anau

Arachnopeon
No need to wait till night to feed your tarantulas, they are not really that nocturnal. Some species are a bit more likely to venture out of their hide when it is dark, but they are not sleeping by day and are active by night.

Also, what species do you have and how are you feeding them? This really puzzles me as my tarantulas do not try to escape when I feed them.
1 A. Chalchodes 2 G. Pulchras 1 G. Pulchripes 1. P. Sazimai and 1 A. Seemanni. It's mostly the Seemanni that tries to escape and being the only adult, I rather not have her lose. The others are all slings. All of them eat superiors except my Sazimai which eats fruit flies as it's my smallest and most recent one.

sasker

Arachnoprince
How is your A. Seemanni housed? They do require a fair amount of substrate to dig in, I have heard (I don't own the species). Maybe it can't dig and it makes it a bit nervous?

Also, it's better to stop feeding fruit flies. Some keepers reported bad results (death of the tarantula, that is) because of the low nutritional value of fruit flies. It is better to feed pieces of prey, such as mealworms. Slings scavenge, so it is not necessary to provide life prey :)

Anau

Arachnopeon
How is your A. Seemanni housed? They do require a fair amount of substrate to dig in, I have heard (I don't own the species). Maybe it can't dig and it makes it a bit nervous?

Also, it's better to stop feeding fruit flies. Some keepers reported bad results (death of the tarantula, that is) because of the low nutritional value of fruit flies. It is better to feed pieces of prey, such as mealworms. Slings scavenge, so it is not necessary to provide life prey :)
4 inches of substrate in a large pet critter. She's at a good 6 inches roughly. Hmmm I will look into that with my Sazimai. I usually only give my Seemanni the fully live superworms. Everyone else's I partially crush the heads.

sasker

Arachnoprince
4 inches of substrate in a large pet critter.
I have my P. muticus on 6 inch of substrate. They dig to China if given the chance, but I don't have room for that. I took a big chunk of a huge tube of cork bark and buried this under the substrate with a starter burrow next to it. She seems very happy with this arrangement and I can easily check on her.