Worried about slings

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
Hey guys! I'm currently off for vacation for a week, and I'm almost halfway through it. I've read online the slings should be fine for a week, just feed and supply water before you leave. I've also read it's better just leaving them alone, than letting some unexperienced keeper try and care for them. Well I was a bit worried as they were my first slings, so I fed them and might have dropped a little too many droplets of water. The containers they live in are 2 plastic dram vials, with only 2 little holes as ventillation on the top for both of them. When I ordered these T's they came with enclosures for them, with prepoked holes. I thought it was enough, but I'm worried I made it too humid, and the ventillation will not be enough. Here they are; Eauthlus Sp. Red, C Elegans.

Attachments

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
I had two pictures of them taken by a family member, I just realized one was a duplicate, here is the other if it helps in any way

Attachments

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
C.elegans are more of a tropical species so the extra humidity shouldn't bother them, and the sp.red is very hardy species so wouldn't worry about them either. To add to that if you really are worried about there enclosures having stuffy conditions poke a few extra air holes when you get back. :)

cold blood

Staff member
Looks just fine...I was worried I would see a bunch of condensation.

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
C.elegans are more of a tropical species so the extra humidity shouldn't bother them, and the sp.red is very hardy species so wouldn't worry about them either. To add to that if you really are worried about there enclosure having stuffy conditions poke a few extra air holes when you get back. :)
Yeah I might go poke just a few more holes when I get back, because as I said I am a newbie to slings and I want a 0% chance of losing them :). Thanks for the quick reply, maybe now I can stop worrying and enjoy vacation

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I wouldn't think the little extra humidity would hurt them, especially being slings liking a bit of humidity. Someone more experienced will pop in, just my thoughts.