Worried about my Regal Jumping Spooder

audreystarkey1

Arachnopeon
Hey Guys,
I have a female Regal Jumping spooder. I have only had her about 5 weeks. She molted, I can see her exoskeleton in her hide. That was yesterday morning (12/1) about 8:30am MST. She hasn't moved since, it's 12/2 @about 8:35am MST. She's closed up in her hide so I can't see her, just her shadow/outline. She's my first, I may be stupid, but I'm worried. Is this normal? Should I do something? Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
She'll come out when she's ready to eat, not sure how long it takes a jumper to harden after molt but I'm guessing she'll come out today or tomorrow. A wolf sling of similar size is zipped up only a night or 2. It's completely normal.

CutThroat Kid

Arachnoknight
Yeah I had a jumper shacked up in a web hammock for weeks. Molted and about a day or two later came out and rarely hides now. They all act a little different I've noticed.

TofuTheJumper

Arachnopeon
Yea this is normal. I just got a jumper too, last month. She's also a Regal. Mine didn't hole up too long after molting so yours should be out soon. :)

Katya

Arachnopeon
That is perfectly normal! My audax just molted, and it stayed in the hammock for about three days. Lightly mist the web, but other than that don't bother her! Her exoskeleton needs to harden, which is why they stay in their hammock for a bit. She'll come out when she's ready :)

fbus

Arachnopeon
Hello! Probably late responding and you’re probably resolved. My regal jumping spiders first molt was so stressful for me as well! You’ll get used to it. This is normal behavior. Mine has spent about a full week in her hammock pre-molt, then she’ll molt and spend 2-4 days in her hammock before emerging. And it takes longer as they get older.

Last edited: